Sunday, December 14, 2008

Good Friends, Good Times

December is here and Christmas is all around!!! We are acclimating to the cold weather - it feels like winter, which is something we actually ENJOY!!! To date, we have experienced 2 days of real snow (not flurries) and weeks of temps ranging from the low teens- mid thirties. This weekend, we were in for a special treat- fifty degrees outside (I was listening to a local radio station and they said that it was going to be warm- I NEVER thought I'd ever hear 50 degrees described as warm)!!!

We are looking forward to our 16 day Christmas Break- Friday is our last work day and then we both do not have to go back to work until January 5th!!! We are sad we are not flying back to Cali- but we must sacrifice for the greater good...
Yes folks, this is a photo of our lovely, EMPTY Formal Dining Room. It goes perfect with our 3 other empty rooms upstairs :) We are working hard on furnishing our new home- but as they say..."Rome wasn't built in a day," which means we cannot do everything we want (like flying home for the holidays). We are working hard at saving so that we can achieve our goal of making our house a "home."


On Friday night, Ryan and I went to my Christmas party for work at Sahm's. Sahm's is a restaurant in the heart of Downtown Indianapolis. Dumb me- I forgot my camera!!! But, my friend Alissa took some pics that I was able to steal-
Here we are at her house, about to leave to go to the party...Here is my co-worker Erin and her husband Jason...
Here is my co-worker Nette and her husband Charles...Alissa and her boyfriend, Travis...Me and Ryan :) We had a really good time- but I have to be honest- it wasn't as fun as a Bear Valley Party!!! I miss all of my old co-workers BADLY!!!!On Saturday, we took the long trek over to our neighbor Brian and Sabrina's house to celebrate the BLERB's first annual "Merpy Thanksmas." (Christmas-Thanksgiving Celebration). Sabrina was big on having the majority of the entrees be "Apple-Themed." Here she is prepping stuffed apples- YUMMY!!!We all contributed with making dinner...even the boys!!!I love Sabrina and Liz- they are such sweeties :) We always have fun together! Here we are in our DORKY Christmas gear-- I LOVE IT!!!

Here are Brian and Eric working hard...Eric was so cute- he made his grandma's homemade noodle recipe from scratch. He was so proud of himself. They tasted awesome!!!
Here are Iron Chefs Liz and Ryan chopping away!!!

I love how we can all hang out and have fun without all the "bells and whistles." Ryan and I are homebodies and would much rather spend an evening indoors enjoying the company of friends as opposed to a fancy night out on the town.


Here is the finished product- turkey, apple and sausage stuffing, homemade chicken noodles, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, Aunt Karen's mac and cheese (by request), Taffy Apple salad, pumpkin roll, stuffed apples and gingerbread-apple cake. Yes mom and Carol- do not WORRY- your first born are eating WELL!!!! Me, Ryan and fat cat, Righteous!

Sabrina and Brian :) Their cabinets ALWAYS make me think of your old house in Murrieta, mom!
Ryan and the fat cat again...What is it with this guy and cats??? He is a feline magnet!
Brian and Ryan watching college basketball.Sabrina and Brian's dining room table...

Beautiful!

Merpy Thanksmas!!!

After our awesome meal, we played board games. First we played "The Gender Gap." Boys vs. Girls- of course girls won. DUH!!!

Then we played the "Newlywed Game," although Ryan and I are not newlyweds, Liz/Eric and Brian/Sabrina are. Both couples were married last year.As you can see....I went home and changed into my jammies- one of the many perks of living close to friends!We had so much fun. Here is Sabrina trying to squish Ryan!!! We are so blessed to have such wonderful neighbors. They are great friends to us- we could not ask for more!!!On Sunday, I went around town and gathered gifts for my Secret Santa at work. I hope she likes everything!!! I am excited. She will receive one present a day and on Friday will be the big reveal!Ryan lounged around and watched the Colts beat the Lions!!! Yep, we've jumped on the bandwagon. Come on- seriously, we would not be allowed to call ourselves "Hoosiers" if we didn't like football and racing. YAY!!!
Until next time...xo

3 comments:

Erin said...

I'm glad you found such good friends guys.

And I think it's funny you have a coworker named Erin with a husband named Jason.

Can't wait to see you - YAY!

Kelly said...

You guys are extremely lucky to have great friends near you! And the fact that you all get along and mesh well together is awesome!
I understand about putting things off so you can get the things you need. Have you tried a furniture store called Havertys? I'm not sure if they have one in IN, but we bought most of our furniture there - including our dining room table. That place is awesome and the prices were so much better than any other place - especially for the quality b/c if you're like me, you don't really want to go cheap on furniture if you want it to last. :)

Kellie said...

We definitely missed you guys at the family party. You should post your favorite Christmas memories so the family can read it. But you seem to have a close-knit group of friends who will be special to you forever because of the bonds you are building. Merry Christmas you guys!