Friday, July 24, 2009

Back to Our Roots-California Love

Hey everyone!!! I would like to apologize for being soooooo far behind on our BLOG!!! We flew out to California for 2 weeks the day after 4th of July and now my dad is in Indy visiting us!!! I certainly have some catching up to do, so here goes...

Ryan and I spent our first 4th of July in Indy and had an AWESOME time!!! Last year, we were in Boston celebrating Meagan and Sted's wedding, so this year, we finally had the opportunity to experience the festivities in our own neighborhood. I KNOW I ALWAYS SAY THIS, BUT WE REALLY HIT THE JACKPOT...WE HAVE THE BEST NEIGHBORS EVER!!! WE COULDN'T HAVE PICKED BETTER ONES. WE ALWAYS HAVE A BLAST TOGETHER :) Our neighbors Eric and Liz hosted Uncle Sam's Birthday at their house. Here is a pic of ALL the girls in our neighborhood- Sabrina, Liz, Kristen, me and Lisa....guess what? We just met another new girl yesterday! She is our age too and just moved here from Las Vegas- I will let you know more about her once her and her hubby move in (their house is still under construction).
July 5th was Sabrina's birthday. Since we couldn't all be together on her birthday, we celebrated at Liz and Eric's. I bought Sabrina a Twilight umbrella...as you know, Sabrina and Liz are OBSESSED with that series of novels.
Here are some of our neighbors-Kristen, Zach, Layne, Eric, Ryan, Brian, Steave and Steave's friend Jamie.When all of your friends live around the corner and you NEVER have to drive, lots of drinking goes on. Here are Ryan and Zach playing "Beer Die." Here is a pic of Lisa and Ryan going at it during a game of "Flippy Cup."
The night ended for me after Ryan and the guys set off fireworks (which are LEGAL). I'm not sure when the night ended for Ryan, but let's just say he was out of commission and BARELY able to make our flight the next morning...haha! We had a very smooth flight to California. I was sooooooo EXCITED to see mountains again!!! I had forgotten what they looked like.It was great to be reacquainted with the familiar...Ryan and I had quite an agenda planned. Before I begin narrating our trip, I need to preface these pictures by saying that I took over 400 and I still did not get pics of EVERYONE we saw!!! I am sooooo sorry if I do not have a pic of you, but I will do my best to mention everyone! Here is a picture of my mom and nephew Dylan picking berries in Oak Glen. We met up with our friends Scott and Allison and their two kids (Dillan and Amanda) and had a blast!
Dillan and Dylan hugging...awwww :) Mom and Allison picking berries. Wild raspberries and blackberries were in season. We paid $3.00 for a basket and picked until our little hearts were content.Scott worked with Ryan at Stater Bros. They have been friends for several years. His wife Allison and I have become good friends as well. After berry picking, we took the kids to the petting zoo. Here is Dylan and Uncle Ryan checking out a goat.Auntie Brooke and Dilly looking at the roosters.

Dylan checking out the view atop Ryan's shoulders. Apparently Uncle Ryan's ears make good handles...LOL We had a great time and although I am certain Dylan (who is not even 2) will never remember this, we will cherish this memory forever.
My mom took me, Ryan and Garrett to an Angels game. It was sooooo fun!!! Unfortunately, it was the ONLY game they have lost in the last few weeks!!! They got SPANKED by Texas... Oh well, the sunset, location and company made it worthwhile!!! Go Angels!!!! Thanks mom!!! I love you! xo Since we have been gone, my dad purchased a home in Perris. Here are Dylan and I enjoying some watermelon in dad's backyard. Yum! Dylan swimming up a storm with his daddy-my brother-in-law, Danny What a couple of cuties :) Our good friend Kel and Dilly....He LOVES Kellie!!! Me, Ryan and Kel's boyfriend Greg loungin' in dad's pool. On our trip we made a Del Taco run and of course had to make a pit stop at In-N-Out! Juicy Double-Double goodness....Oh how we missed you!!!! We drove to Camp Pendleton to see Ryan's Aunt, Uncle and cousins from Arizona who were vacationing in their RV. Here is Ryan's sister and his cousin, Sarah. Here is a pic of Ryan's Uncles- Lon and Pat and his 2nd cousin, William. Ryan's Aunt Natalie, Janice, cousin Kristi, Eddie and 2nd cousin Christopher were also there as well, but not pictured. It was nice to visit the beach- people always ask us if we miss it now that we live in Indy. Well, to be quite honest, although it is lovely-we never really frequented the beach when we lived in CA (maybe once or twice a year). So the answer is no- we still see the beach about the same amount as we did in CA.
We also drove to Yorba Linda to visit my Aunt Heidi (my dad's sister)... My cousin Cori... My Grandma Genie (my dad's mom) and her husband, John (not pictured). I loved getting to see all of you!!!! xo Muah! We also drove to Riverside to catch up with Mark who is a close friend of the family... and his wife, Pam... and their son Nick, grandson Jake and daughter-in-law, Nadine! I grew up with Nick and his sister Carrie (not pictured) who now resides in New York. I miss you Carrie!!!! We loved seeing you guys!!!! xo Ryan also was able to take in his favorite pastime- in fact, the man golfed twice!!! Once at Eagle Glen in Corona with Chris, Chuck and Gonzo and once at Soboba with my mom's husband Larry and his son, Justin. The guy lives for golf... While Ryan was golfing in Corona, I went and visited my friend, Tami. She worked with me at Moreno Valley Ranch many years ago. I love her too!!!! xoThese are her two boys- Marty and Mark. They are ADORABLE! Here they are showing me their lizards. We also had a gathering with my mom's side of the family. I am soooooo lame, I have NO pics of Aunt Sam, Aunt Debbie, Uncle Keythe, Uncle Ken, Cousin Jamie, Jamie's husband Ron, Tiff's husband Jerry, our friend Jill and her kiddos....but they were there too...scouts honor!


Here is a pic of me and Dilly. I bought him the shirt he is wearing....cute, huh? I LOVE him soooooo much!!!!! Ryan went golfing that morning and showed up 3 hours late (not his fault...the course scheduled 2, yes 2 foursomes to a hole during a shotgun tournament). He fell asleep at my mom's in the middle of the BBQ- here is our friend Chuck planning an evil scheme to wake the guy up.Here is my step-brother Justin and his girlfriend, Natalie. As you can CLEARLY see, he is representing the WRONG team. Here is our friend Chris and his son,TJ.Here is Ry playing with Chris and Jen's two older boys, Mikey and Joey :) We surprised Ryan's friend Tommy (who didn't know we were in town) and went to his son's birthday party in Romoland. Here is Tommy and his son, Tommy Jr. and below that pic is our friend Jen holding Joey and TJ. We drove to Temecula and caught up with our high school pal Kelly and her husband, John :) We went to Riverside to enjoy sushi with Erin, Kel, Sarah, Sarah's friend Oliver and my brother, Garrett... Ryan was crowned "King of the Table"...LOL CHEERS!!! We hung out at our best friends Erin and Kellie's house and played some Catch Phrase with Greg, Janeia and LaNitta Kel, Er, Me and LaNitta We also drove to San Bernardino to attend my sister-in-law Erin's LVN Graduation. Here is Ryan's dad (Terry), Ryan's mom (Carol), Ryan, Ryan's sister (Erin), Erin's boyfriend (Dustin) and yours truly.Here is Erin getting pinned. Ryan and his sissy :) Ryan's parents threw her a party, but I forgot my camera like a dumb-dumb. We saw several of his cousins, aunts, uncles and his grandma :) We slept at each of our parents' homes for a few nights. Here is a pic of my mom in her kitchen. These are the WONDERFUL tacos my mom made us!!!!My former students Madison and Katie also had me over for dinner and their parents cooked us some awesome carne asada!!!! Thanks again, Grace!!! It was great seeing your family- please have the girls write!!! xo Here is a pic of my brother, Garrett and brother-in-law, Danny at my mom's houseMy beautiful best friend Erin and her two boys Ethan and Brenden :)


My cousin Tiffany and Ryan playing poker... My younger sister Alyssa and her adorable family :) My brother, Garrett being a DORK!!!! Dylan and Kellie :) Sisters- Kellie, Erin, Alyssa and me :) Me and my friend Kristy...I love her- she is a childhood friend of my dad's. She is a sweetie! xo We caught up with our friend Breanna :) Loved seeing you!!! and I caught up with my old co-workers and friends Janeia, Nicole and Nicole's two cuties-Kolani and Ethan Miss you gals!!! xo We met up with more Bear Valley (the school I used to teach at) friends at Emily's house in Beaumont. Emily, Christy, Mindi, Eric, Meagan, LaNitta and Kellie were there from BV. Many of their spouses and children were there as well. Erin and Angela joined in the fun too :) Girls just wanna have fun!!! Angela, me, Er, Kel and Emily :) More hanging out!!!! I love and miss my old co-workers and friends soooooo much!!! xo We had only planned on going to California for one week, but REALLY wanted to go to the river, so we decided to stay an extra weekend, so we could make the trip. Here is a pic of the desert on our drive out there... My dad's place at the Colorado River is my favorite place in all of Southern California. My parents bought the lot on the river when I was in the 4th grade. I have soooo many wonderful memories there. Here is pic of an isolated thundershower on the drive out---cool, huh? Isn't it soooooo pretty???? I love, love, love it!!!! It was extra special because my siblings, cousin, and best friends were there...My in-laws also came which was a first. What a great trip!
These mountains look like a painting, don't you think? Greg and Kel chillin' on the boat :) Garrett showin' off his bling...LOL Cute couple...my sis Alyssa and her husband, Danny Me and my love :) Dustin, me, Greg and Kel floatin'... My cousin Cori, her husband Campbell, and my brother Garrett playing "Boat Races," aka "Flippy Cup." The view from dad's house. The pontoon boat is Ryan's parents and the speed boat is my friend Jeff's. Me and my BFF Erin xo Dustin and Erin :)My dad and father-in-law, Terry (in hat).Ryan and his 3 favorite women...me, his sis and mom :)Ryan, me, Garrett, Alyssa and Danny :) On my last day in CA, I met up with my Grandma Helen (my mom's mom) I love you Grandma!!! xo Here we are at the bar in the airport waiting to fly back to Indy....WHEW that was a BUSY 2 weeks!!!!!! We had a great time seeing everyone, but there really is "No Place Like Home." We were ready to be on our way... Hasta La Vista, California!!!! Thanks for the memories!!! xo We had one day to unpack and unwind....and this guy decides to show up!!! (I'm kidding, I'm kidding!!!) We knew my dad would be flying out and staying with us the week we got back.

This is his first trip out here, so I will tell you all about it in an upcoming BLOG... For now, it's back to the simple life--corn crops and quality time spent with my dad- Could life be any sweeter?
Until next time...xo

3 comments:

JENN said...

Can I just say Dream Vacation! I mean what a great way to enjoy Cali! You put me to shame!

Lindsay said...

Holy Cow you guys had a busy trip! Looks like you had a blast! Enjoy the rest of your summer! :)

Erin said...

Was soooo happy to have my loves here for a while. I miss you again already!