skip to main |
skip to sidebar
The Lazy Days of Summer
This week was pretty exciting for us. On Wednesday, we FINALLY received our living room furniture!!! Now we don't have to use a cardboard box as a DVD stand! Yay...we only have 4 more rooms to furnish...hahahahaha!!!! Maybe our house will be done in the next decade or so!

On Friday night, we went on a hunt trying to find decor to go with our new couches, end tables and shelves. I thought Bed Bath and Beyond would be the place to go, but believe it or not, we found the best items and deals at T.J.Maxx and Barnes and Noble! Our favorite find was Auguste Rodin's "The Thinker" bookends. They go perfect with the room!

I love the living room, but it is EXRTREMELY masculine (I suppose that is the least I could do considering Ryan probably felt like he was on a Safari when he was in our Beaumont house). We compromised that the formal dining room can be more "girly." I wait in anticipation to add my feminine touches to that room. Maybe if we are frugal enough, we can save enough money to furnish the formal dining room in the next six months or so....."Good things come to those who wait," I suppose....
On Thursday night, we went to the Jason Mraz/Gavin DeGraw concert. Jason Mraz's song, "The Remedy" is his most popular song... The chorus says ..."I won't worry my life away"...which is pretty ironic considering I am the BIGGEST worry wart on the planet!!! Maybe his words should be my new "mantra."
We went with our new Indy friends April and Cari. Cari also brought her hubby and two other couples with her. It was held at White River State Park.

We were really impressed with the facility. Everything was really clean and they even gave you lawn chairs to sit on. The crowd was mostly young groupies, but we did see quite a few families and their children.
The concert was cool, because it was in between the White River and Downtown Indy. You can see the Chase tower behind all the concert goers.
This pic of the White River was taken as we were leaving the concert. We live fairly close to White River State Park. There are hiking trails that go through the wooded areas and streams. We will have to take the doggies and check it out one of these weekends while the weather is warm.
I know this sounds corny, but I would like to thank Ryan's Aunt Natalie for asking me to BLOG. I cannot tell you the number of friends and family members who enjoy reading it and keeping up to date with us. In a way, it helps to deal with the over 2,000 miles that seperates our close friends and family. If you do not have a blog, I would suggest getting one started. They do not have to be elaborate, and they are an easy way to organize your memories and share your life with others (I am a HUGE fan of scrapbooking as well, but that can become VERY expensive and time consuming)!!! If you do create a BLOG, let me know so I can add you to my contacts. Thanks!
2 comments:
Ryan and Brooke, I can tell by the pictures of your new home that it says, "welcome" That is the first feeling people will notice as they enter your home, everything else follows.
Uncle Lon and I are so happy for the both of you and we love you both very much.
Wow, your living room is BEAUTIFUL!! I love natural tones. It looks sophistocated yet comfortable!! I can't wait to see the rest!! Reading your blog is like watching one of those fun tv shows about decorating! :)
Post a Comment