The first part of our vacation took us to Connecticut. We left Indy Thursday morning and had a layover in Washington D.C. (which btw is only an hour flight from us). We arrived to Connecticut an hour later, rented a car, and drove to Boston. On our way to "Beantown," we drove past the Basketball Hall of Fame in Springfield. Check it out:
We checked into the Back Bay Hilton in downtown Boston, washed up and headed out to the Capital Grille to have dinner with my Aunt Kathy (Jared and Sarah's mom). She is the Assistant Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs at UMASS and has lived in the Boston area for several years. Our dinner was fabulous...I honestly don't think I have eaten a better meal in my entire life!!! After dinner, she walked us around Boston Commons, Gardens and past the State House. It made for a spectacular evening!!!
After the baseball exhibit, we saw an IMAX presenation about Pluto in the planetarium. I did however manage to get some pictures of Ryan in the museum checking out other exhibits on Mathematics and you guessed it...Science!!!
So all and all Ryan had his dream day...Fenway....Science Museum....it was only fair that I throw a huge tantrum and demand that Ryan take me to see Boston Commons and the Gardens! So we spent the remainder of our afternoon walking through downtown. I cannot even begin to tell you the level of patritoism we saw. I was so refreshed to see people waving American Flags, wearing Lady Liberty hats and shouting from the streets, "God Bless America!" It was so uplifting and in my opinion, how America should be appreciated! We LOVED Boston and will definitely be bringing the kiddos (which are non-existent at the moment) back that way in the future.
After the Clam Bake, we checked into the Swansea Holiday Inn in Swansea, Massachusetts. We spent the next day hanging out with our friends Eric, Kelly, Mike, Michele, Ryan and Mindi (all friends and spouses of people I taught with in California). We drove to Newport Beach (not that Newport Beach) Rhode Island and walked on the beach and had a fantastic lunch!
After we ate, we drove over to Bellevue to check out one of the mansions. It was gorgeous. Then later that night, we drove to Providence to eat at Alforno (Eric and Kelly read about it in Wine Spectator and were eager to dine there). It was absolutely delicious as well...so as you probably guessed it...Ryan and I are both on diets for the remainder of the year!!! We ate soooooooooooo good this trip!!!
On Sunday, we went to Meagan's wedding in Fall Creek, Massachusetts. It was one of the most beautiful weddings I have ever been to. It was on the sea, and everything was decorated in a beach theme. Our friend Ryan married Meagan and Sted which made the ceremony even more special. Meagan was a beautiful bride and we were so happy we were able to be there to see her walk down the aisle!





5 comments:
I am LOVING those vacation pictures!!! So fun!!!
It looks like you are loving it! I am so happy for you guys! I am jealous that Erin and Kel get to visit you so soon! Love and miss you, Angela
Looks like you had a much needed break! Brooke - your hair has gotten so long! I love it :)
i'm so happy that you are having such an awesome time in your new surroundings. i'm actually feeling very, very envious. i can't wait to come see you and your new house. you guys are an inspiration for me to get out and see some things. p.s. you do such a FANTASTIC job on your blogsite. you are a great role model for all of us. take care. say hi to ryan.
keep enjoying life. ttyl, tami
You go girl with your amazing vacation! I'm so jealous! :) I'm so glad you and Ryan are enjoying it so much!
Post a Comment