Monday, June 30, 2008

The Little Bit That's Done...

I love Ryan. I never noticed it before, but we both have the same nose...our poor children!!!

Okay, we still have tons to do and are waiting on several things, which btw are all happening mid-end of July- window treatments, granite, living room furniture have all been ordered...we play the waiting game. However, we wait happily as we enjoy our BEAUTIFUL surroundings and each other!




My FAVORITE thing about our house is the front porch. We sit on it everyday. This past weekend we sat in the rockers and watched the thunderstorms...so awesome!!!

Our cul-de-sac:




View from across the street:






View from side yard:








View from Backyard:





These are the only two things completed in the house. The "eating area" and the hallway. I'll post more as the house begins to look more like a "home."





This is Ryan's FAVORITE thing to do after a long, hard day at his summer teacher training... My Great Aunt Linda (my grandma Helen's sis) from Ohio is staying with us until tomorrow. Then I am taking her to the Indianapolis Airport. She brought us windchimes for a house-warming present! We hung them on our front porch. They are lovely! She is flying to Cali to spend a few weeks with my Granny. She is such a sweetheart! She treated Ryan and I to world famous Shapiro's Deli...and we made sure to pick up a loaf of rye for Aunt Lin to take on the plane for Grandma! I had a reuben...BOMB!!! Ryan had pastrami and aunt Lin forced us into eating cannolis for dessert. We are such pigs!!!


2 comments:

Kellie said...

I LOVE your table and chairs! They are so beautiful! And seriously-that porch would be a dream come true for me. I LOVE porches like that! So lovely!

~Janet~ said...

I agree with Kellie that everything is looking great!