Thursday, June 26, 2008

Hoosier Heaven!!!








Well, we have been in Indy a little over a week and absolutely LOVE it!!! I cannot believe how beautiful it is here. The rolling hills are so green and lush! Every time I drive down the road, I chuckle to myself because I remember thinking, Indiana? EEEEWWWWW....I don't want to look there- it's probably all flat, barren and full of hillbillies...all of those ideas couldn't be farther from the truth! Indiana is everything I was hoping it would be and more!

And the people....WOW! It's like we landed in the middle of Mayberry. Ryan ordered the wrong size refrigerator (right width, but too deep) and the company didn't want to "inconvenience us by being fridge-less," so we get to keep the wrong one free of charge for 4 weeks until the new one arrives. What a trip!!! When my mom was here, we went to Home Depot and bought 5 ceiling fans. As we were loading them in the car, a man ran over to us, and was like "oh my goodness, you ladies should not be lifting these by yourselves. Let me help you." I swear, I about fell over! When Ryan went to order the granite, he asked the salesman to give him directions back to Noblesville. The guy printed out the directions on MapQuest and also gave him his cell...just in-case he got lost...CRAZY!!!

I know that what I just wrote about is common courtesy that all decent human beings would provide- but I haven't been treated this way by complete strangers in God knows how long! Also, the surrounding areas are CLEAN...no trash, no graffiti, no smog....I am on "Cloud Nine.'

I LOOVVEEE sitting out on our front porch in our rocking chairs and listening to the sounds of the birds in the trees. And the horses....we have a horse ranch right across the street and the horses tend to come close to the fence during twilight every evening. We also get to see fireflies!
I cannot wait to start a family. This is the PERFECT place to raise children! I honestly don't think I could have dreamt up a better community than Noblesville. It is clean, safe, family-oriented and within ten minutes of 2 lakes (Morse and Geist).

Oh, and Indianapolis is AWESOME!!!! I love how we can drive 20 minutes south of Noblesville and be surrounded by tons of huge buildings, beautiful architecture, pro-sports, shopping, Broadway shows and drive 2o minutes north of our home and be in the middle of a corn field. It is just unreal!

Although we had to leave everything behind in California, it was absolutely a million percent worth it!!! Adjusting to our new home and surroundings has been easy, because it was what we both wanted and had been planning for the last 2 years. This is the quality of life I've fantasized about ever since I was a little girl. I am in "Hoosier Heaven!"

4 comments:

~Janet~ said...

Yeah!! You blogged!! I've missed you on here :) Chris and I are so excited for you and Ryan. We can't wait until we get a chance to visit you. We are so much closer to one another.

Amy said...

Yeah, yeah, yeah!!! Brooke has started blogging!!! I'm in love with your new little town! It's looks dreamy!

Kellie said...

Yay!!! I'm so happy you updated! PLEASE keep doing so because it's so nice for us to all k.i.t. WOW-you seen SO happy out there and I am SO happy for you guys! It really seems like that is the PERFECT place for you guys! Congratulations!

Natalie said...

Ryan and Brook, What a beautiful home and place to live. The people sound wonderful and so helpful! We're glad you are doing well and we look forward to you're blogs.
Is Ryan enjoying his new job? I can only imagine that he'll be a fantastic teacher just as you are.
We love you both. :)