Friday, September 5, 2008

Birthdays and Basketball

On September 3rd two very important people in my life celebrated birthdays!!!

My nephew Dylan turned 1:

Happy Birthday Dilly!!! Your Auntie and Uncle love you!!! xo


My husband Ryan turned 28:

Happy Birthday Ryan Lee!!! I love you!!! xo

Ryan and I have both put on weight since moving to Indiana. We decided to take charge and have been trying DESPERATELY to avoid the "MIDWEST SPREAD!" Ryan and I are starting week 4 of the South Beach diet. I have been walking and doing 8 minute abs every night with my neighbors and start a pilates class on Tuesday. Obviously exercise helps, but this is the first time Ryan is actually eating healthy with me, which makes it 100 times better for me in the "will-power" department. We have been very happy with the results, and are almost back to where we would like to be....

So of course with my brilliance, I decided to make Ryan a sugar-free cake for his birthday. How did it turn out??? You be the judge....

Okay, so it was the NASTIEST cake I have ever seen...Moral of the story: On your actual birthday, eat a REAL piece of cake...you only live once!!!

Ryan is the BEST husband! He is such a caring and kind person. I can't believe we have known each other for 16 years...man, the time flies!!! Happy Birthday Ry- here's to many, many more!!!

Happy Birthday, Ryan!!!! Make a Wish... Check out ALL that smoke!
I invited our neighbors Liz, Eric, Brian and Sabrina over to celebrate with us. Of course, I picked up a real cake from the bakery for everyone else to enjoy...


On Friday, Josh McRoberts of the Indiana Pacers came to the elementary school I work at. He and 2 of the Pacemates (Pacer cheerleaders) were passing out Pacer Backbacks to each student in the school.

Here is a picture of me and some students with the Pacer's Mascot...


Here is a picture of Josh McRoberts and the Pacemates passing out backpacks at my school's entrance...


My partner Alissa and I were excited to meet a pro-basketball player...but we were more excited about wearing T-shirts and jeans to work!! In Indiana, I can only wear jeans twice a month on payday Fridays...I have to dress like a banker on all of the other days!!! I miss those teaching days in California, where I wore jeans 99.9 percent of the time.
On Saturday, we drove up to Kokomo, Indiana with our neighbors Liz, Eric, Brian and Sabrina. We had a blast! When we got home, we all went over to Eric and Liz's house to help them paint their living room. We love our neighbors and are becoming fast friends. Here we are...Liz, me and Sabrina....my workout partners!!! Liz relocated here from Chicago and Sabrina was born and raised in Indiana. Both of them graduated from Purdue. Liz is a graphic designer and Sabrina is almost done with her Radiology program. We are all around the same age ...we really lucked out in the neighbor department! I know you are probably sick of these pics...but with a sky like this, I couldn't resist...

Until next time....xo

3 comments:

Brent and Holly said...

Happy Birthday Ryan! I see you were sporting your Valley View jersey.....nice! Talk to you guys soon!!! :-)

Amy said...

What a cute "little dude"!!!!

Happy Birthday Ryan!!!!

Kellie said...

Happy Birthday Ryan!! That's funny about your sugarless cake! I was wondering what your guest thought! haha! Good job! That's cool that you met the basketball player, but a BUMMER that you can only wear jeans twice a month! :( Oh well! I'm sure that beautiful sky makes it all worth it!