Saturday, September 20, 2008

Life is What You Make of It


Greetings!!! I feel like I haven't written in FOREVER!!! I hope everyone is doing well. Ryan and I are doing great! We have both been busy with work, but are embracing every free moment we get to check out our new surroundings.

Below are two pictures of the sunset yesterday...UNBELIEVEABLE!!!
This one is my favorite- It's as if God got out his paintbrush and went to town! Check out the range of colors... On Saturday, September 20th, Ryan and I went to Military Park in Indianapolis to check out:

It was really neat! There were 4 stages with Irish dancers, fiddlers, singers and bands performing. There were also Rugby and Hurling matches going on. Ryan and I walked around and checked out all of the festvities.
CHEERS TO THE BEERS!!!
We also had the opportunity to enjoy the Fountain Trust Pipe Band! They were phenomenal...I love the sound of bagpipes....

There were several booths selling all kinds of Irish food (corned beef, Irish stew, potato soup, Irish beer) and Celtic souviners (jewlery, carvings, artwork, blankets, etc.).This gentleman was making medallions with a machine invented by Leonardo Da Vinci. They also had two tents with canines native to Ireland. Festival goers could come up and pet the dogs and their owners would answer any questions about their beloved animal. Here is Ryan next to a 7 month old Irish Wolfhound.While we were there, I had to REPRESENT (my mother's maiden name was Murray)...



We also found some pretty funny t-shirts....below are 3 of our favorites:


All and all, it was a very relaxing afternoon. As you can tell, we are trying to get in all of our fun-filled outdoor activities before winter comes and we are forced to become homebodies or go out into the snow and turn into human popsicles!!!
We also continue to hang out with our new neighbors a couple of times a week. We really scored in the neighbor department. There are eight of us (4 couples) that are all about the same age and get this....we ALL have the SAME house!!!! HILARIOUS! Anyways, we all hang out together and do what young, penny-pinching married couples do...

Here are Ryan and Zach JAMMING ON THEIR GUITARS...

Me and Liz CHUGGING MUDSLIDES and PLAYING CATCH PHRASE in our pajamas...Sabrina joining in the fun... Eric putting his leg behind his head...I tried to bribe him with a 12 pack of Sierra Nevada...but he wouldn't put both up. He can do it though- Did the guy have some ribs removed or what??? Can any of you do that?
It was our neighbor Brian's birthday last week. We all hung out and had dinner together. But first, his wife Sabrina suprised him with his new "COLTS" themed office.Sabrina rented a projector and she and Liz painted the Colts logo and helmet on the walls. She also framed and hung Colts posters and newspaper articles on the walls. Brian LOVED it!!!

That was such a thoughtful idea, don't you think?

Sabrina calls the 6 of us (me, Ryan, Brian, Liz, Eric and her the "BLERBS"-she took the first initial of each of our names...get it???)

The BLERBS are going to Purdue Homecoming mid -October. We also rented a campsite in Brown County in October as well. By then, the leaves should have turned and the colors should be spectacular.
Oh and one last thing. Happy Anniversary to me and Ryan on Wednesday!
September 24th celebrates 3 years of marriage and 15 years to the day Ryan first asked me to be his girlfriend in the 8th grade! We have been through so much and I thank God everyday for having him in my life.
I love you, Ryan!!!

Since 93', it was MEANT to be!!!

Until next time...xo

5 comments:

Natalie said...

"Congratulations Brooke and Ryan, you both look great."
We all went to Disney Land yesterday for Terry's 30 yr work anniversary. Lunch was fabulous at club 33. (First time for uncle Lon and I) The bathroom was just as exciting! It was a great family day.
I thought about you and wished you were with us. We love you both!

Erin said...

Why do I feel tears welling up? I'm not sure if it's because I wish I could have gone to the Irish fest, or because I'm jealous of the BLERBS or because I saw that wedding pic of you and Ryan and I just LOVE YOU both so much that I'm just really happy. I dunno. :)

I hope you bought one of those Murray Clan keychains...you must represent miss Brooke M. Swenson!! ;) XOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Kellie said...

You are SO lucky to have such great neighbors who are in the same "place" in life as you two! That is such a blessing!

Happy anniversary to you both!! Congratulations! I think it's SO cool that you and Ryan have dated for so long!!!

~Janet~ said...

Hey Brooke! Happy Anni! Looks like you and Ryan are staying busy and enjoying yourselves! Good to hear.

Drop by my blog when you get a chance - I've given you a blog award!!

Amy said...

Happy Anniversary!!!! I'm so glad you guys have a few couples to hang with. That is definitely a MUST in life!!! Love all the pictures!