Monday, January 19, 2009

Freezing Fun with Favorite Friends

Winter in Indiana
"And the gentle breezes blow,
Fifty miles per hour at twenty-two below!
Oh, how I love Indiana-when the snow's up to your butt.
You take a breath of winter air and your nose is frozen shut.
Yes, the weather here is wonderful!
I guess I'll hang around....... I could never leave
Indiana, 'Cause I'm frozen to the ground. "

Hahahahaha...did you like my little poem? My neighbor Liz e-mailed it to me. Thanks, Liz!!! It has been cold, cold, cold here the last week- temps in the negatives and wind chills in the negative 30's! We got a total of 5 inches of snow- Lovely, Lovely...
I know that those temps are sending shivers down your spine and they would send shivers down ours, except for the simple fact that- SURPRISE!!! We don't go out in the snow, because we work and live indoors! We get to enjoy the snow from outside a window and for about 10 seconds walking to and from our cars...

There is one member of our family who LOVES going out in the snow! Sammy would stay out in the snow all day if he could- he runs and rolls around in it and wants to stay out even when we call him in- he must have been an Alaskan sled dog in a past life...LOL.

Frodie on the other hand HATES it!!! He cries and scratches at the door the minute we let him out to do his business. He can't wait to be inside with his mom and dad.

Here is a pic of our final Colts game of the season....Too bad, so sad. :( I am kind of disappointed- football is HUGE out here. Good thing baseball season is right around the corner...looking forward to springtime and those Indianapolis Indians games...
I had to add this pic because it cracks me up. Anytime we or our neighbors bring beer to a football game or gathering, we ALWAYS leave our beer on the front porch, so it will keep cool. With temps in the teens, twenties and even negatives, who needs a refrigerator??? This particular porch belongs to Eric and Liz...Our 3 day Martin Luther King, Jr. weekend turned into a 4-day weekend when school was called off in both of our school districts this past Friday. Apparently it was so cold, school buses would not start! Ryan and I were so happy!!! No work Monday and Friday YAY!!! We spent the day getting new tires for Ryan's car and preparing our house for our BELOVED friend Erin's arrival!!!

Erin has been one of my best friends since the age of ten. We grew up on the same street and have been inseparable ever since! This was her 2nd trip out to visit us. She came to visit in July as well, along with her little sis, Kellie. This time she brought her friend Joe along. Here we are at the new Indianapolis International Airport.

The new terminal just opened this past fall. The old one was really outdated and "hoakie." The new airport is beautiful. Er and I were REALLY fascinated with these cool chairs made to look like suitcases- What do you think?

Erin's 29th birthday is on January 23rd, so we took her out downtown for a pre-birthday celebration. Ryan's co-worker Eric and his girlfriend Andrea joined us. We went to the Claddaugh Irish Pub.

Erin and Joe :)

Me and Ryan :)

Our beautiful friend... Happy Birthday, Erin....make a wish!!!


Here is a shot of the delicious dessert we got to share with the birthday girl! YUMMY!!!

Eric and Ryan being SILLY! After dinner, we walked over to "Howl at the Moon" (a dueling piano bar in Indianapolis). It was very fun- but very CROWDED!


Here are our friends Eric and Andrea:

The servers dancing on the bar...It was a BLAST!


We decided to leave the piano bar and head on over to Nicky Blaine's (a cigar and martini bar) near Monument Circle. It is by far my favorite place to go to experience Indy nightlife. It reminds me of the 1940's...jazz music, dark rooms and over-sized red and black leather couches. I LOVE IT!Our neighbors Eric and Liz met up with us and brought their friends Nick and Natalie. Our other best friend Andrea and her boyfriend Jason, drove down from Chicago and met up with us as well. Here is the whole crew. Sorry the pic is kind of blurry....

Me and Andrea :)

Jason and Erin :)


The 3 gals from MO-VAL SO-CAL!!! We all grew up in the same neighborhood. Erin still lives in Moreno Valley, Andrea moved to Chicago a few years ago. I LOVE THESE GIRLS!!!

Joe thinking he is hot stuff :)

Andrea, Erin and me posing with the Martini Menu.

My beautiful friends for life- Drea and Er :)

Natalie and our wonderful new friends/neighbors Liz and Eric:


Jason and Andrea- hot and smart!!!....Both are practicing law in Chi Town-
Erin and Ry Ry:

That was such a fun night...We also made time to participate in some very basic Indy activities. Like dart throwing:
Gathering at each other's house is a weekly thing. We LOVE our neighbors and are so glad that they got to meet some of our Cali friends!

Erin and I had so much fun....we are easily entertained:


What are you looking at FOOL???


What can I say? I guess I'm irresistible:

Erin, me and Sabrina:

Silly Girls!

Not so funny- she accidentally poked me in the face with a dart- OUCH!!!

I love you, Erin!!! xo

We left Eric and Liz's house and congregated to ours to watch the football playoffs...


Me and my crazy best friend:


Zach and his son Layne :)

Kristen, Liz and Sabrina- My Indy Gals :)

Layne is the only child between the 4 couples. He is Zach and Kristen's son. You can imagine how much attention he gets from all of us....He is absolutely darling!

Don't go!!!! Waaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! :(Parting is such sweet sorrow-- See you in June!!!
I'd like to wish my beautiful, caring, funny, thoughtful, hip, loving mom a very Happy 55th birthday!!!! Yep, this lovely lady is officially a Senior Citizen. HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!


No, but seriously she puts all of us young folks to shame. She NEVER stops....she can run circles around all of us! She is the most amazing woman I have ever met. She has spent her life devoting herself to her children and grandson, Dylan. We are all BLESSED to have her in our lives!
Mom, I love and miss you soooooooo much!!!
Have a wonderful day!!! xoxoxo

Until next time....xo

6 comments:

Brent and Holly said...

ahhh - we really do need to make a trip to visit you guys - you are always having so much fun!!! :-)

Erin said...

Brooke and Ryan,

Thanks for showing me such a wonderful time in Indy! I already miss you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tell all the BLERBS and Kristen and Zach I said hi and I hope I can be an honorary member of your group.

We had a blast!!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait till June!

XOXO
MUCH LOVE ALWAYS!

Kellie said...

Fun fun fun!! I bet it's nice to have your long-time friends around!!

Amy said...

I am just loving that little poem at the beginning! I love all the adorable pictures as usual. So much fun in Indy!!!

ps...i was wondering where all the updates where!

Kelly said...

It looks like you had so much fun with your bestie there! I know it means so much when you have loved ones visit! And your house looks so beautiful with all the snow around it. My doggies LOVED the snow too!
I loved the poem at the beginning - so cute!

Natalie said...

It's such a beautiful day today in Southern California and as I sit and look at that snow fall you had, I 'm sitting here freezing!

You both look so happy and it's good to check up on you through your blogs. All your friends looks so nice! Tell Ryan congratulations for being one of the out standing teachers but that really doesn't surprise me! He's just that type of person. Always doing his best! I feel the same about you too.

Have a great day... :)