Sunday, February 15, 2009

Casa de Beavers

Sorry I have not blogged in awhile, but to be honest...not a whole lot has been going on. This is the time of year when the holidays are over and the weather is still chilly (although not too bad- in fact, all the snow has melted and we had 2 days in the 60's last week). We have mostly just hung out with our neighbors, focused on work and school (for Ryan) and enjoyed the comforts of "home sweet home."
I did manage to snap the beautiful sunrise this morning...
I wanted to share this pic of our city's library. It is sooooo NICE!!! It has 3 levels and check this out- not only can you check out books and audio CDs, but you can rent movies....real new Blockbuster quality movies for FREE!!! You can even rent seasons of TV shows for FREE! How cool is that??? I know, I am easily amused...Here are some pics from Super Bowl Sunday. Our neighbors Zach and Kristin were our gracious hosts.Here are me and Sabrina:
Sabrina's husband Brian and the kiddos...
Ryan, me and Eric watchin' the boob tube...
Eric's wife Liz ignoring the game and reading a book from the Twilight series...she and Sabrina are OBSESSED with those books. I am on the 2nd one- they are good reads, but reading during the Super Bowl??? All of you "Edward groupies" understand, I'm sure...
We have lived in our new house now over 8 months. As most of you know, we moved from a 1,200 square foot 2 bedroom, 1 bath house in Beaumont, CA to a 5 bedroom 3 bath house in Indiana. I'm sure you can imagine how empty our new 3,000+ square foot house in Noblesville was after moving in....
Well, it stayed empty. In fact, we were only able to furnish half of our house in the last 8 months. We vowed that we would not purchase any more furniture until we paid down our debt from the first round of furniture....so we waited and paid and waited and paid and waited and paid...
Even though it was a long time, I am glad we waited until the first round of furniture was paid down...I am a planner and am a firm believer that you should NEVER bite off more than you can chew. We were able to score an AWESOME deal on a President's Day Sale from a local furniture store. Our house is now complete (with the exception of one room).
Since most of you will not be coming to Indy to visit our home, I thought I would bring Indy to you...
Our kitchen:
Our living room:Our new dining room (minus the table- they delivered the wrong one...I will post pic with table next week):The runner I bought from Pier 1 for the table that I do not have yet...LOLDining room buffet...Downstairs guest room- furniture look familiar? This was our old Master bedroom furniture in Beaumont...Down-stairs bathroom:Upstairs loft- furniture from the Beaumont house...View of the foyer from the loft area...Upstairs new office furniture...FYI- Organizing our office was NOT fun...check out this DISASTER!! We had to sort through all of our office junk that had been boxed up for over a year and a half...Check out this tornado that ripped through the Beavers' house in Noblesville...hahaha!Upstairs guest bathroom: Upstairs guest room. My mom gave me this furniture- thanks, mama!!!
New Master bedroom furniture...Master bath:Upstairs laundry room...
The empty room...aka the "Junk Room." We are not sure what we are going to do with this space-- we need some time to process. We hung the white fan when we first moved in with the intent to one day make it a nursery- we'll see. I'd like to have a substantial "Nest Egg" saved up first before even thinking about the possibility of a child....I know, there goes that planning again...heehee :)Our new furniture was our Valentine's day present to each other. I was going to make a fancy dinner that we were going to eat on our new dining room table...but you know how that turned out! We did however, manage to break down and purchase a heart-shaped chocolate cake...I love you, Ryan!!!! xoxoxoxoxo
I love you, Brookie!!! xoxoxoxoxoxo
Ryan will forever be my true love...but we both are having a love affair with...
Shhhhhh....don't tell anyone- It is just soooooo good- we can't control ourselves!!!
We miss "In-N- Out" and "Del Taco," but "Steak and Shake" is making the pain go away...heehee :)

I wanted to "save the best for last." There is NOTHING SEXIER than a man that cleans!!! I am one lucky gal!
Hope everyone had a Happy Valentine's day! Until next time...xo

7 comments:

JENN said...

I love you too Brooke! I LOVE your house, the decor is SO beautiful. I think its awesome that you treated each other to furniture for Valentines, that makes perfect sense and its a great thing to share.
Cant wait to come and visit.
Love you! xoxo

Kellie said...

Awww, Happy Val Day! Your home is SO beautiful! I especially love the master bedroom furniture. I can't believe it's really been EIGHT months!! Time flies. I'm so glad you're so happy there.

Kelly said...

Your home is beautiful!!! You decorate so pretty!

Let me tell you - John and I LOVED Steak N Shake so much while we were in TN. It filled our void of IN-N-OUT! The kids size cup was just enough shake that I wanted, and it was sooo good!

I have a sexy man too - my hubby helps me clean every other weekend! And I so appreciate it!!! Thanks for the update - I've missed your blogs. :)

Amy said...

I am just loving that gorgeous and HUGE home of yours!!!! Happy Vday!

Mike, Angel, Michaela and Preston said...

Your home and new furniture is so BEAUTIFUL!

Erin said...

OMG OMG OMG I can't believe you got all that right after I left! I feel like I'm having deja vu!!

Brookie it all looks so beautiful!! I love the office desk thingamajig and the dining room chairs are very pretty! Wow that is a lot of furniture to buy all at once! Good thing you guys are big ballers shot callers!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU AND YOUR HOUSE....BUT YOU MORE! XOXO Tell Ryry I said "hello good looking." ;)

Natalie said...

It's been 8 months already????
We love your home it's so beautiful. I love looking out into your yard from your sliding door window in one of your past blogs. Your home looks so warm and cozy and it looks so freezing cold outside. "Thanks for sharing" Your furniture is so... NICE. :)