Sunday, August 30, 2009

An Attitude of Gratitude

Ryan and I are so blessed to have such wonderful family and friends. Whether you live near or far- all of you are in our hearts and we are so fortunate to have you in our lives!!!

This weekend was my nephew Dylan's 2nd birthday party. He will be 2 on September 3rd- the same day as his Uncle Ryan. Here is a pic of the birthday boy with his dad (my brother-in-law, Danny) and his mom (my younger sis, Alyssa). We obviously were not able to attend, but we were there in spirit. The party was at my dad's house in Perris, CA. It was a pool party. It has been scorching hot in SoCal the last few weeks...day after day of temps in the triple digits!!! It looks like everyone had a blast!
Our neighbor, Layne (Zach and Kristen's son) also had his 2nd birthday party this weekend. You may recall that Dylan and Layne are only a couple days apart. Here is Layne with his grandma. Lisa and me :)
Ryan, Brian and Steave being CHEEEEEEEESY!!!
Throwing bags in front of Zach and Kristen's...
I went home and got Ryan's telescope so we could do a little stargazing...Here are Zach, Ryan and Brian getting set up.
Kristen and me :)
Ryan and Brian showing off their Spiderman skills...
Me and Ry :) The past week we have had PHENOMENAL weather...cool and crisp in the mid-upper 60's! On Sunday, we went to the lake to go play Frisbee golf. Here are some pics on the drive there... Ryan and I have been able to wear sweatshirts and jeans and we love it! We can't wait for fall! It is our favorite time of year! Here is a pic of Steave landing his disk...I guess this would be considered comparable to the "hole" on a real golf course. You try to land your Frisbee in this contraption. On the landings, it gives you the yardage and difficulty just like a real golf course... Zach, Ryan and Steave heading off to the next platform/tee box... Nice launch, Zach! Me making an attempt... Ryan and his professional pose...is there anything the guy can't do well??? Pretty lake on a pretty day :)In a few more weeks the leaves will turn...I took this pic on the drive home. It has to be one of my ALL time favorites pics of our town!We are looking forward to Labor day weekend and being able to celebrate Ryan's 29th birthday this Thursday!
Again, we are so thankful to live in such a beautiful place and to be a part of such a loving, caring group of family and friends!
Until next time...xo

4 comments:

Erin said...

I MISS YOU.
PERIOD.

Thats So You said...

Happy birthday Ryan!

Frizbee golf... I SUCK at it! Brett likes it though! :)

I'm VERY jealous of the weather... VERY. Its SO hot. You live in such a beautiful place!

Kellie said...

Ooops! I forgot to sign in to my normal account. :)

Lindsay said...

Happy Birthday Ryan!
Frisbee golf??!! I thought my dad, brother & Matt were the only people who played that! lol