Sunday, August 16, 2009

Symphony on the Prairie- Friends and Fun

This week our friend Adam and his two daughters (Katie and Kimberly) were in Indy visiting friends and family. Adam is married to my friend Christy (Christy and I used to teach together back in California). Adam grew up in Indiana (about an hour and a half south of us) and moved to California when he was in his twenties. He and his girls drove up to Noblesville and stayed with us Friday evening.I thought it would be fun if we all went to "Symphony on the Prairie." The Indianapolis Orchestra performs all summer long at Conner Prairie in the town of Fishers (about 15 minutes from our house). This particular concert was especially cool because it was ALL songs from the rock group, Queen!!!! There was an awesome singer who sounded very similar to Freddy Mercury. You were allowed to bring in your own food and drinks, so I packed up a cooler with fried chicken, french bread, watermelon, chips, cookies and beverages. Conner Prairie is an interactive history park that is open to the public. There are always a variety of things going on there. I am attaching the link to the website so you can check it out if you'd like : www.connerprairie.org There were over 5,000 people at this outdoor concert. It was the perfect evening for some outdoor fun!
Katie and Kimberly- Kimberly (the oldest girl reminds Ryan and I soooooooooooooo much of his sister, Erin). What do you think???
My buddy and me :)
Me and the girls...they were so funny- they kept asking when the "Mama Mia" (Bohemian Rhapsody) song was going to be played...LOLI love Queen...we got to hear all the hits...Bohemian Rhapsody, Best Friend, Fat Bottom Girls, We are the Champions, Killer Queen, Another One Bites the Dust....the list went on and on!!!! Here is a short video clip I took if you would like to take a listen (scroll down to the bottom of this blog and pause my music player so you can hear the video).

Shot of the balloon as we were leaving...

Later that evening after the girls went to bed, some of the neighbors came over and the guys drank and played games. Here are Zach, Ryan, Steave and Adam playing "3-Man." Adam and family- thanks for visiting us! We enjoyed having you!!! :)
This weekend we did a lot of RELAXING!!!! We all hung out at the pool and then regrouped at Lisa and Steave's for some Saturday Night Shenanigans... Here are Zach and Steave playing "ping-pong."
Ryan and Brian (I'm sure you can see the LOVE my husband has for me oooooozing from his face). I always tell him- you may hate me taking pics now, but these are memories in the making...
Lisa and Sabrina...
Brian again... Lisa, Sabrina and me...Liz and Eric were at their 2nd baby shower thrown by family in Illinois and Kristen (who is an RN got called into work)....We missed you guys!!! xo Ryan made it through his first week back at work. He is REALLY happy- he is teaching 5 periods of Physics (no Chemistry this year- which makes his life a BILLION times easier). I go back tomorrow....We will try to take pics of our classrooms and post them next week. Love and miss everyone!!!
Until next time...xo

6 comments:

Liz & Eric Beckner said...

So Cute, We missed being there as well!

JENN said...

This looks like yet another fun weekend at the Beavers home! I love it! And you tell Ryan we ALL love the many photos that you take, that make us feel a part of the fun. :) and when you guys have kids, they will love to see pics and make fun of you guys too!
xoxo

Kellie said...

That outdoor concert sounded SOOOO fun! That's right up my ally. Especially with QUEEN! That guy did a pretty darn good job, but Freddy Mercury is just SO one of a kind. I'm glad you're enjoying your new school year! Good luck with everything!

Lindsay said...

That concert looks fun! That little girl TOTALLY looks like Ryan's sister, I actually thought she was a cousin or something! :)

Kelly said...

That concert looked like fun!! I love Queen...one of John and I's songs is "Your my best friend"...love it!

Glad you guys are having fun with your neighbors!

Natalie said...

I've never heard of deep fried bacon or pepsi!
Ha,ha, Kristi' boyfriend was saying yesterday how bacon is good no matter how you eat it! I'll make sure he tastes that, the next time we have a fair.
I always enjoy your adventures! Have a wonderful work year.
:)