Here we are- Kim, Debbie, April and me...
Ryan and I went last year, and saw a performance of Queen songs. The Indianapolis Symphany Orchestra is sooooo good!!! The venue is cool- you get to bring in your own food and drinks!
Those of you that know me well know that me and MJ go wayyyyyyy back! I used to sing his songs in the backseat of mom's car at the age of 2, while cousin Tiff bribed me with McDonald's french fries. R.I.P. Michael...what a loss! Thank you for all your wonderful music that will live on forever!
On Friday night, Ryan and I went to Jimmy and Casey's housewarming party in Indianapolis. Here is a pic of me and Jimmy...
Here is Ryan talking to Emily. Emily used to work at Ryan's school. Casey is in the yellow shirt. He taught 5th grade at my school last year and this year will be teaching Spanish at another school in our district.
It was a lot of fun. Ry and I got to meet other teachers in our area and I even met a woman who is a youth grant coordinator through IUPUI that I am going to keep in contact with in hopes of helping with funding some community service projects for our Inspire girls this year...
This past week, Ryan came home each and every day and did this.... The first week back after 2 months off is ALWAYS a rough one....
Me on the other hand...well, I was out and about trying to make the most of my final week off...
Driving through Noblesville...
This place has caused LOTS of trouble for me!!! BIGLOTS just opened in our town about a month ago. I went there 4 times this week!!! Thank goodness I will be at work and unable to visit this money sucking establishment as frequently as I would like. I blame this addiction on my mother, who when I was growing up frequented Pic N' Save and Dollar Tree like it was her job!!!
The last week of summer vacation, I like to "nest." Now I bet you thought nesting was only for those "with child," but you are wrong, wrong, wrong!!! Teachers nest too!!! I had the urge to get everything in order before going back to work. First were the scarves. I have more scarves than I know what to do with...
So at BIGLOTS, I bought a bunch of different closet organizers. I have been wanting to consolidate all my bathroom closet crap for 2 years now. The scarves are in the bottom bins, make-up, hair accessories, lotions and hair products and appliances are in the smaller pink ones...
Then came the Master closet. I organized all my clothes by catergory and refolded everything on the shelves...
Ryan organized his side too. He even hung up his caps. Don't ever let this guy tell you he is hurting for clothes or shoes....The man has almost as much as I do!!!
Ahhhhh....I love a clean closet! I wonder how long this will last???
Okay, so some additional BIGLOTS purchases this week were my bar signs that eventually are going to be hung in the loft, where our pool table is....
And more picture frames and home trinkets like that rust-colored glass candle holder were purchased for the living room...
And just when you thought the shopping was finished, there was more- but this time the "Money Nazi" (as Ryan calls me) was out in full force. I went with Kristin and Sabrina to the Goodwill in Fishers and WOW did we find some spectacular deals!!!!
Kristen bought 3 pairs of pants and Sabrina bought probably 15-20 books to fill her bookcase...
And I bought an entire Back-to-School wardroble for 50 bucks!!!! This Goodwill was the NICEST Goodwill I have ever been to in my life. Three of the clothing items I bought still had tags on them...OMG!!!
Check out these shirts I bought- Express, NY & Co, Ann Taylor, The Limited...All in excellent condition!!! I am so proud of the money I saved!!!
I normally go to Kohl's and spend like 400 bucks for Back-to-School outfits. Remember I can't wear jeans (only 2x a month on payday Fridays)...They make teachers dress like bankers in Indiana~
I bought these 2 cute tanks and this courdroy Aeropostle jacket at Goodwell as well...
And finally the shoes!!!! They are like brand-new...
Oh man, I love a good baragin!!! Now I have some money to go get my roots touched up...YIKES!!! Happy to have light hair again, but being a blonde is high maintenece I tell ya!
Have a fabulous week everyone!!!!
Until next time...xo





No comments:
Post a Comment