Monday, September 13, 2010

Two Birthdays and a Bride...

Hey everyone! I have been soooooo bad about blogging- SORRY!!! I have been really busy the past few weeks with work and travel and just haven't had an opportunity to get around to it. Anyways, we are both doing great and looking forward to celebrating our 5 year wedding anniversary next week~ Yes it has been 5 years already!
And next week will also mark 17 years to the day that Ryan asked me to be his girlfriend in the 8th grade. This is the earliest pic I have of us.... September 1993!!!Last week we flew out to Southern California for Kellie's wedding. It was in Cathedral City (near Palm Springs) and it was hot, hot, hot~ We are talking 115 in the day and 100+ in the evenings...Kellie and I have known each other since we were in elementary school. She grew up down the street from me. Kel and her sister Erin are two of my very best friends and are like sisters to me....Kel's wedding was on Saturday, September 4th at the Desert Doral Resort. It was so picturesque...Ryan and Erin canoodling...Erin's youngest son, Brenden and her niece, Sarah :)Beautiful bride Kellie, and her proud daddy...Kellie and Greg saying their vows...Kel's sister Erin was the Maid of Honor and I was one of the bridesmaids...My entire family attended the wedding, which was awesome, because I got to see everyone! Here is my sister Alyssa and my nephew, Dylan. FYI~That is apple cider in that champagne flute...My mom and another one of my best friends, Andrea :)
Erin and me posing with my dad...Me and Erin's son, Brenie...My friend Lavay did all the photography and did a PHENOMENAL job!!! She works in So. Cal and does engagement, wedding, maternity and family portraits. I would HIGHLY recommend her.

Check out her website...www.Lavaysphoto.com

Congrats Greg and Kellie!!! xoSo since we were already going to be "in the neighborhood," I decided we should throw Ry a Surprise 30th Birthday party on Sunday, September 5th with all of our California and Arizona family and friends. Erin and her fiance, Dave were kind enough to let us throw the party at their home in Riverside. Here is Ry walking in... SURPRISE!!! Ryan greeting his family...Thank you Erin and Dave! I cannot even imagine how miserable it would have been without a pool to cool everyone off... Here is Ryan's Aunt Janice, mom, Uncle Lon and 2nd cousin, baby Carolyn...Dave "man-ing" the grill... Our friends Jill, Jen and Chris... Here is my mom and her lifelong friend, Pam posing with all their children (me, my brother Garrett, my sister Alyssa and Pam's daughter- Carrie and son-Nicholas). I have known Carrie and Nicholas my entire life!!!Ryan and I with Mike, Christy and Michele. I used to work with them at Bear Valley... My brother, Garrett and brother-in-law, Danny :) Erin and Dave's backyard... The kiddos playing in the spa... Friends for Life~ Erin, me and Drea... Ryan and his parents. Isn't the cake they ordered AWESOME??? After singing "Happy Birthday to RB," we all sang to our nephew Dilly, who shares his birthday with Uncle Ryan... Ryan and his sister, Erin... Some of Ryan's high school pals came out for the festivities. Here are Sammy, Charlie, Chris and Chuck... It was great seeing everyone, but I think Ryan was most surprised and grateful to see his Grandma, who he has not seen in person for over a year...
We flew home Monday, September 6th and just when he thought the partying was over... It was time to celebrate his Special Day again, the following Saturday in Indiana!!!I made Ry an "homage" to past birthdays...Lots of yummy treats to snack on...Mmmmmmm grub!I rented Sumo suits from sumonation.com for Ryan's party. They were sooooo fun! Here are Brian and Ryan going at it...Me ready for battle...Sabrina taking me down...Cutie boys~ Jorden and Layne :)Sabrina looks so funny....Our neighbor Karen (right) and her sister, Jennifer...Amanda, Elise, Robyn and Jorden...Me and Heather...Eric and Chris...Check out that big ol' boo-tay!!!Amanda, Casey, me and Alissa...Happy Birthday to you...Make a wish...
Alissa and Casey...Casey is a human trampoline...Jimmy and Casey~ Check out the "air" shot!!!Steave, Chris and Zach... Ryan got a TON of cool presents....books, gift cards, cash, alcohol and the most AWESOME custom-made frisbee for disc golf that our neighbor Eric designed...
Cute Family~ Kristin, Layne and Zach...Eric trying to "deflate" Suvarna...Me, Steave and Tiffany...Tiffany's husband, Josh and her brother, Brad...Ending the party with a lil' late night guitar and bon-fire... He had 2 wonderful 30th birthday parties!!! These past 2 weeks reminded us how LUCKY we are to have fantastic friends in Cali and Indy! And how blessed we are to have such loving families...“If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you.”
I will end this post with our first glimpse of Autumn leaves...Until next time...xo

1 comment:

Kellie said...

SO much fun packed into one post! Happy belated birthday, Ryan! I'm sorry we missed it. Brett's brother, wife and kids were in town visiting. You guys looked great for the wedding! There's something SO special about weddings, isnt there?!