Sunday, October 17, 2010

Lovin' the Leaves

We are in the midst of Autumn and enjoying every second of it!!!! Last weekend, we hopped in the car and took a drive about an hour south of us to Brown County. Brown County is known for its exceptionally colorful fall foliage...
I still cannot get over the changing leaves...It is just magical...
Driving into Brown County State Park, we were engulfed by trees!
Green, Red, Orange, Yellow...Take your pick!
This is the "hilly" part of Indiana. Obviously doesn't compare to California mountains, but lovely nonetheless...We parked in the middle of the park, and headed out to the trails... Here is Ryan walking Sammy, and Amanda's husband Dave with their black lab, Owen...Picture of the lake...Me and Amanda :)Happy Sam :) Baby boy Frodie :)Like a painting... We left the park, and headed into the nearby town of Nashville...Ryan walking Sammy around town...Nashville is such a cute little town. It reminds me a lot of Oak Glen. Rolling hills and lots of cute mom and pop stores...October is the busiest time of year in Brown County. The colorful leaves and decent weather attract lots of visitors...My friend Tami (that I used to work with at Moreno Valley Ranch) told me that her sister moved to Indiana a few years ago and opened a craft store called "Kim's Corner" in Brown County.I promised Tami I would stop by Kim's store for a visit... Here we are! I told Kim I needed a pic of us for evidence...See Tami!!! Kim was very sweet. I am glad I got the chance to meet her :)Overall, we had a spectacular day. On the drive home, I was able to snap a pic of some trees turning colors in Noblesville...What do you think??? This past Saturday, Eric and Liz's daughter turned one!!! Happy Birthday sweet Elise! Is this gal spoiled or what??? Everything was pink and "Lady Bug" themed... Sugar coated marshmallows with lady bug toppers... Lady bug cookies and candy. Liz made it all!!! I am telling you, she is soooooo crafty!!! Pink treats...Happy Birthday, Elise!!! We love you guys!!!On Sunday, I headed out to the Goodwill in Fishers to buy some clothes for Fall. I ended up buying a total of 11 shirts and sweaters for 40 bucks!!! That's less than 4 dollars a shirt and once again all in perfect condition!!! Here is a pic of a few of them...I also stopped by Meijer and bought some new decor for our Thanksgiving table...This year, we are having our friends Nathan, Taylor and their daughter Sophia join us. Nathan went to high school with us and relocated to Chicago for work. My mom and step-dad are also flying out here. It will be the biggest Thanksgiving we have hosted in the Indiana house and we are so excited!!!The trees on our street are every color of the rainbow...And we will leave you with the trees turning across the street... Until next time...xo

No comments: