Monday, January 17, 2011

Welcome 2011~Catching Everyone Up...

Hey everyone!!! Again, I have been slacking and I apologize. I have been soooooo busy with my new classroom. Working literally until 7 or 8 each evening and going into work on the weekends. I am so happy to have my own room, but it is taking me quite a bit of time to get organized, taking over mid-year. Anyways, this weekend, Ryan and I did some home improvements and FINALLY built a bar in our upstairs loft...Here are the counters we selected. We originally considered wood, but figured laminate was more sensible, since the purpose of the shelf is to rest beverages of the alcoholic persuasion.
I was in charge of staining the corbels. I attempted to make them the same color as the wood on our pool table.
Here is our finished product. It turned out great!!! Now we can save for a flat screen to go on that empty wall...For New Years, we were lucky to have my siblings, brother-in-law and nephew fly out from California to visit us...
It was my nephew Dylan's first time in the snow. He loved it!!!Here he is on the playground...My brother Garrett, Ryan, Dilly and my brother-in-law, Danny...


Making snow angels...We took Dylan to the Indianapolis Children's Museum. It is the largest kid's museum in the world...Working the turn tables like Uncle G...Ryan, me, Garrett, Alyssa and Danny...We hosted our annual New Year's Eve party, but this year we decided to go with a "Prom Theme." Here I am spiking the punch and YES I am wearing Kel's bridesmaid dress...Me and my brother and sister. It looked like a real prom in our house! We put up Christmas lights, tulle and even hung up a Starry Night backdrop... Me and my beautiful lil' sis, Alyssa...Notice our corsages. We made corsages and boutonnieres for everyone! I know, we are DORKY!!!Dylan and Uncle G...Sister Sister... Let the fun begin! Jayme (Lisa's best friend who drove out from Wisconsin), Lisa, Melissa and Sabrina...Robyn, Chris, Kristin, Ryan and Alyssa making a train as Sabrina looks on...Eric is the "pole" for Alyssa, Sabrina and Kristin to dance around...Garrett, Danny, Zach's twin sister Jessica, J-Dog and our friend Josh hanging out on the front porch...Everybody throw your hands up!!!Get your groove on...Me, Tiff and Julie...Liz, Tiff and I painted signs for everyone with their high school name, mascot, school colors and graduation year. Here are me, my brother and Ryan posing in front of our sign. Go Valley View Eagles!!! We sang Happy Birthday to Eric (December 24th), Garrett (January 2nd) and Carrie (January 4th)The guys spent most of the evening in the garage...Jayme and Garrett were crowned King and Queen of the Prom!!!Happy New Year!!! 2011 BABY!!!New Year's smooches xoxoxoxoxo CHEEEEEEEEEEESE!!! All the money mom and dad spent on orthodontia sure paid off :)
Our house was DESTROYED the next day, but surprisingly, the carpet was spared...
On Sunday, we celebrated Garrett's "REAL" birthday. Here he is living on the edge, double-fisting it at Steak and Shake....
Happy 29th Birthday, GG~ We love you!!! xo
We love you too Dilly!!!
I am so glad I got to spend time with my family...especially this lil' man!!!My New Year's Resolution is to STOP STRESSING about anything and everything and start embracing each day. Ryan's is to quit chewing tobacco, which I am proud to say he has been doing for almost 20 days!!! I am so proud of him. Being a former smoker, I know how hard it is to be nicotine dependent. He is doing great and is going to be much healthier!!! I love you, Ryan!

Until next time...xo

1 comment:

Erin said...

Such a cute bar! Good job guys! Such fun times always at the Beavers house!!
And Brookie...I love your resolution!

xoxo