My students absolutely LOVED this activity and it really does make the room so much more reflective of their cultures and interests. Plus, it was soooooo inexpensive!!! I will NEVER buy borders again!!! Those teacher stores are highway robbery!
Isn't this one adorable???
Kid generated art is the BEST!!!
I also had them help create and write out our rules...
One of our district's main initiatives is Project-Based learning. Along with the basics- Reading, Writing and Math~ It is an expectation that students learn through discovery and real-world field study. This area of our room is our art studio. Students have to create representations in project work and engage in other cooperative learning activities.
My low-rider table...Like my pillows??? Dollar Tree people!!! I am going to have soooooo much fun the rest of this school year!!! I cannot wait to tell you more about all the cool things we will be doing~ Stay tuned...
Last weekend, our friends Tiffany and Josh had a Christmas Pajama Party. It was a BLAST!!! Everyone came dressed in their jammies, ready to P-A-R-T-Y...
This is Elise~ Eric and Liz's little doll. She is getting so big, huh? She is just adorable...
Ryan and I decided to represent Southern California in our Angel's Baseball PJ's and Santa Hats...
Our friends, Brad (Tiffany's brother) and his wife Julie (yes Brad is in an adult footed-pajamas with clouds and stars on them).
Zach being, well....ummmm...to know him is to love him!
Tiffany and Josh's little girl Kenzie and Elise catching up on a little baby gossip...
Girlie girls~ You know our neighbors Liz, Tiff and Sabrina. Allison in the purple is our neighbor also. The other gals are Tiff's friends...
Liz tickling the ivories, as Tiff cracks up about something inappropriate I'm sure...
The guys...
What a cutie~ Just like her mama!!! Love you girlies!!!
Sabrina and me...
Like our glasses??? We painted them!!! Mine is the one with the Gingerbread Man...
White Elephant fun...
On Sunday of last week, I was fortunate enough to get to chaperone 26 kiddos from my school on a field trip to the Colts/Jaguars game! I have been to 3 Colts games since moving here and this one was by far the BEST!!! Here I am with Angela, my school's Assistant Principal.
It was a GREAT game...We won~ which means we still have a chance!!! Now we have to beat the Raiders on Sunday!!!
Every year, Ryan and I host the neighborhood New Year's Eve Party. This year the theme is prom. The guys have to come dressed in a shirt and tie and the girls have to wear an old prom or bridesmaid dress. Last night, Liz, Tiff and I painted posters displaying everyone's high school, graduation year, mascot and school colors...
Here I am hard at work...we even made posters for my brother, sister and brother-in-law who are flying out next week to join in the festivities. I can't wait!!!!
New Year's will be a blast!!!! I LOVE my neighbors. They are our family out here!!! We have been so blessed!
Merry Christmas to all!!! We are supposed to get 3-5 inches of snow Christmas Eve through Christmas morning...Our first "White Christmas" in Indiana!!!





No comments:
Post a Comment