Sunday, December 12, 2010

Catching Everyone Up!!!

Hello there! Sorry it has taken soooooo long to write, but we had a little problem with our computer the last month and a half due to a VIRUS!!! Our computer is back in commission and I am ready to catch everyone up! Lots of exciting things have happened these past few weeks. Starting tomorrow, I will be back in the regular classroom teaching 3rd grade!!! Yep, you heard me right~ One of the teachers at my school took a job at the district office and they needed someone to fill her position. I have been wanting to go back into general education for awhile and jumped at the opportunity to have my own class again. These pictures are from my last and final ESL family night in early November...
Me and Amanda...
I am glad I had the opportunity to teach English as a Second Language. It taught me a lot about support staff and the roles they play in providing additional services to teachers and students. I feel like I helped our school build stronger relationships with our families and was able to share effective instructional strategies with teachers. I am thankful to have had this role in my school, but know 100% that my heart belongs in the classroom and that I am going to be happier in my new position. I will post pics of my new class soon!!!This year for Halloween, Ryan and I had to dress up as movie characters for Lisa and Steave's Halloween party. We decided to go as Captain Hook and Tinkerbell...
Girls just wanna have fun! Ryan singing karaoke...Steave, me and Tiff...Sabrina, Chris, Brian and Zach...Robyn, Kristin and Sabrina... I love our neighbors. We always have fun together. We are so lucky to be surrounded by such fun-loving friends!!!Mom and my step-dad Larry flew out here in November to spend Thanksgiving Break with us...Me and Ry on Thanksgiving Day...Preparing our delicious feast with our friend, Taylor...Mmmmmmmm....
Our Thanksgiving table...
Ryan and Sofia~ Isn't she a cutie? She is our friend Nathan's little girl. Nathan went to high school with us. He and his wife recently relocated to Chicago for work and drove down to spend Turkey day with us :)
Happy Thanksgiving!!!
When mom and Larry were here, we went to the Colts/Chargers game...Inside Lucas Oil Stadium...
Warming up...
Colts got their butts beat, but I know two people who were very happy about that...
I love my mom so much!!! I am so glad she came out and we were able to spend quality time together.
Okay, so moving on to Christmas! We have the whole casa representing the spirit of joy! This is our new, big, pre-lit tree with matching ornaments!!! Yep, Ryan and I have"officially" made it to adulthood. I have wanted a tree like this for soooooooo long...
We didn't forget about our little "Hodge Podge" tree. It is brightly lit and spreading the Christmas spirit in our dining room...
A table just wouldn't be a table without Grandma Genie's handmade placemats, napkins and centerpiece. I love you, Grandma! xo
Snow village...
Stocking hung by the chimney with care...
Will it be a "White Christmas?" I think possibly so. We have had quite a bit a snowfall in the past 2 weeks...
I LOVE the snow, but I HATE driving in it...
Frodie prefers to stay inside...
Sammy prefers to "run a muck" in the white stuff, but will settle for his spot on the sofa. It's a rough life he leads...
We love and miss you all. I will be blogging more now that I am able to upload pictures again!!! Thank goodness!!! I was having photo withdrawals!!! One of these days I will break down and buy a Mac.Until next time...xo

No comments: