Monday, March 28, 2011

EXCITING NEWS and Spring to Boot!!!

Hello everyone! I have NOT been holding up my end of the BLOG bargain and for that- I apologize. We are on Spring Break this week, so I FINALLY have a moment to breathe and bring everyone up to date! So first things first...Alyssa is pregnant again!!!! YAY!!! Ryan and I are going to have another niece or nephew and we couldn't be happier. We love being an aunt and uncle!!! She is due at the end of October. We wish her a healthy pregnancy...In October, I applied to get into the Learning and Leadership Academy through Marian University in Indianapolis. I never wanted to become an administrator until I moved to Indiana. I loved and still love being a classroom teacher. But being a push-in support teacher REALLY opened my eyes to what goes on in a school and "lit a fire" under me to advocate to make positive changes for children. It is funny how things happen in your life that "steer" you off the path you thought you were going to take... The academy is a very selective program that requires a Master's Degree, 3 Letters of Recommendation and 5 essays just to apply. The program selects transformational leaders to reform schools that are low-performing. The next 3 photos are pics of the Marian campus... In January, I was selected to move on to the 30 minute phone interview. In February, I found out I had made it to the face-to face interview. IT WAS NO JOKE!!! I walked into the interview and most of the candidates were older men (late 40's, early 50's) dressed in suits. I was a nervous wreck! I had to come to the interview prepared with 2 additional essays completed. I was then given administrative scenarios to play out, had to discus a 26 page article on Global Mathematics, give a "mock" teacher evaluation, interview 1:1 to discuss data and instruction AND write another essay at the end!!! I left feeling like I did my best, but feeling very intimidated (old men in suits people!!!!)...

I received an e-mail a few weeks later stating that they wanted to talk to me for an additional 30 minutes!!! Then, last week I received the news...I was accepted into the program!!! I received a grant that pays for 2/3 of the tuition, will have my Indiana Principal's License next summer and will be the Principal or Assistant Principal of a school beginning in the 2012-13 school year!

I am REALLY looking forward to going back to school. Marian is applying for their doctoral certification this summer, so it is a very good possibility that I will leave this program not only with a license and admin job, but ALSO a Ph.D. in Education!!! I know it is going to be a TON of work, but I am up for the challenge. I can put forth the time and effort it takes to reform a school. My career is so important to me and I know a quality education can and will be life changing for these kids!


We have been VERY blessed. I think this new chapter is going to be so rewarding. I have been given so many opportunities- health, a loving family, a wonderful man in my life. It is time for me to REALLY give back and make something of my life! Moving to Indiana has been the right decision for us. It is so funny the way things work out...you just never know what life has in store for you. I guess that is part of the adventure!


Spring is in the air and we are FINALLY enjoying blue skies and warmer weather. The ice storm did a "number" on our grass, so we had to break down and hire TruGreen to fertilize our lawn...
Ahhhhhh....sooooooo thrilled to not see any of that "white stuff" on the ground! We are OVER it!!! Bring on the sunshine!
I snapped this photo of our yard this morning-new spring buds...."Life have cometh to our treeith." LOL :)
Driving around town is enjoyable once again. Love, love, love the GREEN!!!
A couple more weeks and the leaves will be in full effect!!! We can't wait!
The White River is high because of all the snow we got this season. This will be perfect for upcoming canoe excursions!
And here is our little piece of heaven....The Uptown Cafe ROCKS! We eat here literally every Sunday. We have our favorite server who knows exactly what we want before we sit down. It is so nice to be "regulars." I know what you are thinking- HOAKIE!!! But this is what we like-small town simplicity. I am now going to catch you up on the last 2 months since I have been a slacker!!!

About a month ago we went snow-tubing near the Ohio border. It was a blast!!!

As you can imagine hills like this are a rarity, but there are a few...
Being towed up the hill....
We went with Brad and Josh....
and Tiff and Julie....
I celebrated April's Birthday at the beginning of March.... And we did some more home improvements....
Ryan added on a stone backsplash to go with our new upstairs bar. He did a great job! It was relatively inexpensive and easy to do...
We have decided to do all 3 bathrooms this summer since it wasn't as taxing as we had originally assumed. We also painted our Master Bedroom- an accent wall in a soothing blue. Ahhhh I love to experience calm!!! LOL

I know these pics are out of date order, but oh well...my life has been a crazed mess these past few months! We had a mini-birthday party for Liz at the beginning of February! Eric picked out the cake. Soooooo adorable.



Happy birthday to our dear friend!!!! May this year be good to you!!! xo
Of course Liz's birthday wouldn't be the spectacular event it is without our annual girl's trip to Broad Ripple for drinks and dancing!!! Cheers!
Robyn and Sabrina :)
Sabrina, me, Liz and Tiff....
Woooooo-Hooooo!!!!! I LOVE going out with my girls!!! There is nothing better than letting loose, dancing, laughing and being goofy!!! I NEVER want to grow out of this!!! Until next time...xo

P.S. Soooooo excited to spend time with my mom (she is flying out this week) and my best friend Erin (who is getting married in San Diego) this May!!!!

No comments: