Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween Tricks and Treats

Hello! We hope everyone had a safe and Happy Halloween!!!!
Halloween in Indy is very different in comparison to California. The kids are NOT allowed to dress up at school and there are designated Trick or Treat hours for the state. Kids in Noblesville are only allowed to go from house to house between the hours of 5 and 8. I'm sure it is for the safety of the children and for the courtesy of homeowners, but weird, huh???
So after 8 on Halloween Night, we went out to dinner with our friend April. We went to Mo's Irish Pub and they had a radio station there giving away raffle prizes and shirts...
Well, as I had mentioned in my previous post, the COLD weather did make an appearance....in fact, last week, there were some days in the high 20's-low 30's....However, we had a very pleasant weekend with temps back up in the 70's. Here is Ryan sealing the concrete on our driveway in preparation for the SNOW that will be arriving this winter...

You better enjoy wearing those shorts, Mr. Beavers....you won't be wearing them for long!!! The trees are still beautiful, but the leaves are beginning to fall and some of them are already bare...Check out the trees they planted in the green belt across the street from us....Evergreens and more trees that will have colorful leaves!!!! YAY!!! I LOOOOOVVVEEE IT!!! I am such a SUCKER for the open land...do you think spending a majority of my childhood on 20+ acres had something to do with that???
On Saturday night, our friends Eric and Liz had a Halloween party. We had a BLAST!
Here is Ryan working some of his magic...
Being that he is a "die hard" fan of Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter and other wizard flicks, you can imagine how excited he was to wear this costume...
I decided to be Waldo from the "Where's Waldo" books....I see a striking resemblance...do you???























Where's Waldo, I mean Brookie???....Can you find me???Of course, the traditional Midwest game of cornhole had to happen...Check out our neighbor Zach's SPOOKY blue contacts.... Here are Ryan and Zach prepping for a friendly game of "Beer Pong."
Check out this pic of my co-worker Amanda (Pirate), my neighbor Sabrina (Afro-Doc), me (Waldo), and my other neighbor Liz (Vampire) posing for the camera...

Here are Ryan (Wizard), Zach (Zombie), Brian (Afro-Doc) and David (Lumberjack)...
Here is my neighbor Eric and his brother-in-law Tom. They by far had the best costumes of the evening. So creative and yet so disturbing..... FREAKS!!Me and Sabrina getting crazy toward the end of the night...Me and my love.....
After an evening of partying, we woke up to this NONSENSE... WARNING: ERIC BECKNER was the EVIL mastermind behind this vandalism....don't let his dog in the princess costume fool you... Revenge is sweet... P.S. Congrats Ryan Madson, WORLD SERIES CHAMP!!!


Until next time...xo

3 comments:

Erin said...

HA!! You got toilet-papered! Comedy!

Your and Ryan's costumes were SO adorable!!!

Do me a favor and hug each other. Ryan, pretend Brooke is me. Brooke, pretend Ryan is me. Aww now there, I feel better. :)

Amy said...

So funny!!! I bet you felt thirteen all over again!

I love your costumes and I love all the rules in Indy...I need to live there!!!!!

Kellie said...

Well you can tell that guy that the TP job was weak. ;) I LOOOOOVED Ryan's COSTUME!! OH my gosh-he was totally transformed! And you were just SO CUTE in your Where's Waldo costume! I used to LOVE those books. I actually like the whole time frame thing for Trick-O-Treating! Then you can partay from 8 on. Don't know about the "no costume at school" thing though... cause that was FUN to do.