Friday, July 3, 2009

O-H-I-O Mini Vacay

Ryan and I decided to take a mini-vacation last week to Ohio. Since Cincinnati is really close (a little less than 2 hours away) we thought we'd go to a Reds' game and visit King's Island. Here is a pic as we were driving into downtown Cincy...
The Great American Ballpark... The football and baseball stadiums were both on the Ohio River..
I'm a sucker for old architecture...I loooooooove it!!! Posing in front of the Ohio River... This stadium was really nice--it was redone a few years ago. A little pre-game refreshment...Cheers to the beers! What a handsome guy!
The Reds were playing the Arizona Diamond Backs. We really didn't care who won...we only have room in our hearts for one team-- our Halos back in Cali :) It was nice to go to a pro-game. We haven't been to one since we left California. Indy only has a AAA team, so getting to see the big leaguers play was a real treat! We had pretty decent seats and the weather was comfortable- mid 70's, low humidity...Since the stadium was on the river, it had a steamboat theme- it kind of reminded me of the Colorado Belle in Laughlin.Smooches!!! I swear, you can't take us anywhere!!! The "wave"...The D-Backs SPANKED the Reds 6-2!We had a wonderful time, but it made us miss our Angels.... My mom got us tickets to go to the Angel game next week when we are in Cali...we can't wait!!!! We stayed the night in a nearby hotel and woke up the next morning ready to take on King's Island! King's Island is similar to Magic Mountain, but has more roller coasters... Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese! :) So many coasters, so little time...
Doesn't this look good??? Well it wasn't!!!! It was the NASTIEST chili we have ever eaten in our lives!!! Skyline Chili is a popular restaurant in the Midwest- they are EVERYWHERE! We thought we'd give it a try....NEVER AGAIN!!!! At least the watermelon was good...Ry posing in front of an abnormally large Rubix Cube... My favorite part of King's Island was the 80's tribute show. You guys know how I feel about my 80's music... Billy Joel-Uptown GirlLove me some Tina... What's love got to do with it???The late and great MJ...They had them all....Cyndi Lauper, Madonna, Whitney Houston, Bon Jovi, Hall and Oates, Flashdance....it was right up my alley!!!I rode every coaster with Ryan except for 3...I was too chicken!!! This coaster was one of the rides I just couldn't bring myself to get on. It is called the "Diamond Back."I thought the seats didn't look secure enough. Ryan obviously had no fear...Up he goes....Splash!We walked around and checked out the park... We went on the log ride...and we got really wet!!! See Ry's shirt??? We went on the train ride to try and dry off...Cheeeeeeeeeeeese again!!! Ryan standing in front of the "Vortex." This was the 2nd roller coaster I refused to ride. I waited in line with Ryan and watched him go on it. He's a brave guy!I'm a 3-D Diva :) The final coaster that Ryan rode without me. The man will try anything I tell ya! Here is a pic of Ryan on this bad-boy...if you click on this picture, it will enlarge and you may be able to see him. He's in the front row...Ryan admitted that this coaster was REALLY scary and that I would have hated it!!! Thanks for your honesty, babe. Do you see Ryan???As we were getting ready to leave, it started to DUMP rain... Gotta love that Midwest weather...although it does keep everything green and lush! Home Sweet Home..Have a safe and Happy 4th of July everyone!!! Remember, "Freedom isn't free..." Thank you to all of the men and women who serve in the armed forces and protect this great nation! God Bless America!!!
Until next time...xo

1 comment:

tami said...

what an awesome day you had huh?