When I first laid eyes on you...
I never thought my dream would come true...
You were so cute, so sweet, so fine....
and I never thought you would ever be mine.
When we began to talk again...
I never would have guessed you'd become my best friend...
I'm so very lucky to be with you...
I know you feel the same way too...
For every time our eyes lock in a glance...
I know that meeting you was not by chance.
For it is you the one I see....
Ryan, you are my true love and forever will be!
Okay, I know the poem was CHEEEEEEEEEEESY, but I wrote it when I was 15, okay? Give me a break! As far as the 2nd chance part of the poem goes, well let's change that to about 30 chances- I think Ryan and I probably hold the world record for the most break-up to make-ups on the planet...ahhhh the beauty of teenage angst and hormones!!! Well, speed up to 2009 and here we are~apparently meant to be!
Here is a pic of the cards we gave each other and the beautiful roses Ryan gave me. I LOVE cards...I have saved EVERY card Ryan has given me since 1993!!!
Time is an amazing thing...We have really "grown up together," and it has been quite a journey. I am not going to say it has all been all roses- quite the opposite in fact, but it has taught us so many important life lessons. I think we both used to take one another for granted....but not anymore. Each and every day we have together is a precious gift and we are so fortunate for all of the blessings we have been given.
So how did we celebrate, you ask??? Well, we drove into downtown Indianapolis and stayed at the Crown Plaza Hotel near Union Station...
After we checked in, we walked about 2 blocks to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse and had an awesome dinner! Ryan had a huge steak and I had crab cakes. We shared broccoli au'gratin, sweet potato casserole and a bottle of Merlot. Cheers!
After our yummy dinner, we decided to get out of the rain and take a carriage ride back to our hotel...
I have ALWAYS wanted to take a carriage ride around downtown Indy. It was so fun! Here is a pic of our lovely ride...
Happy Anniversary!!!
It was a beautiful ride...the circle was all lit up!
I had to steal a quick smooch from my Prince Charming. I am still suffering from a terrible cold...hence the very RED nose. :)
Happy to be with my love :)
Here I am thanking our four-legged friend for the lift ;)
The hotel we stayed at was really unique. There were several beautiful stain-glass designs on the ceilings...
The 2nd floor of the Crown Plaza has a renovated train in it. Our hotel room was actually in one of the train cars! It was set up to look like a real train station!
We were train-car number 15...
Our room was loooong and narrow, just like a train car. When I made reservations, all the rooms with king beds were booked, so we had a room with two doubles. We shared one of double beds~ as you can imagine, we were quite snug...LOL
Ryan "stepping off the train" in the morning...
As I look at this picture-I see it. We are getting older.... Day by day our youth is slowly slipping away...Am I sad? No, not really. I am happy- Happier than I have ever been....I am growing old with the one I love. In the grand scheme of life, there is NOTHING that could be sweeter. 
I know you feel the same way too...
For every time our eyes lock in a glance...
I know that meeting you was not by chance.
For it is you the one I see....
Ryan, you are my true love and forever will be!
Okay, I know the poem was CHEEEEEEEEEEESY, but I wrote it when I was 15, okay? Give me a break! As far as the 2nd chance part of the poem goes, well let's change that to about 30 chances- I think Ryan and I probably hold the world record for the most break-up to make-ups on the planet...ahhhh the beauty of teenage angst and hormones!!! Well, speed up to 2009 and here we are~apparently meant to be!P.S. The song playing in the background, "After All" was our wedding song. I know it is the theme song to a CORNY 80's movie, but I don't think any other lyrics would have been appropriate to "capture" the roller-coaster known as Ryan and Brooke :)
Until next time...xo





4 comments:
I clearly remember the day! You looked SO beautiful and you were both SO happy! We had a great time too!!!!
Like I said on FB-it is SO romantic and sweet that you've been together for all these years. It really does seem that is was "meant to be". Congratulations to you both! You both seem SO happy together!
CONGRATS!!! You two are totally meant to be together forever. We enjoyed your pics. HUGS, Brent & Holly :-)
I love good love stories and you and Ryan have a good one!
I also loved your poem.
"Congratulations to you both."
Post a Comment