Sunday, October 4, 2009

Week of Work = Weekend of Play

This week was VERY loooooooong for us....we didn't get home until after 9pm four out of the five workdays!!! Our neighbors texted us to make sure we were not out of town...heehee!!! I started teaching an English class for adults two nights a week and we had to attend a dinner held by Purdue University for "Science Bound," an after school program that Ryan is mentoring at his high school. We are busy, busy, busy....but it is a good, productive busy!!!The weekend is our time to unwind and that is what we did! We started off the weekend by heading to Syd's (the local "podunk" bar in Noblesville) with all of our neighbors (except Liz- pregnant + smoky room = no no). It was pretty fun. Definitely reminded me of a movie set- small, local pub in a dark, smoky atmosphere, serving a vast assortment of fried food and alcoholic beverages. Add in the Shuffleboard and Jukebox to match.... The perfect Indiana stereotype I suppose :)After Syd's everyone went home, put on their jammies and walked over to Steave and Lisa's house. Yes folks, this is what we do for fun...and we do it at least once every weekend. Sabrina wanted all the girls to wear pig-tails~ so that's what we did....We look like Cindy Lou Who clones from the Dr. Seuss books...Me and little Layne....Lisa, Liz, Sabrina and me....Liz is due any day now!!!! She looks so great! You can't even tell she's pregnant in this pic, huh?Since we were looking like 12 year olds, I suppose it was only appropriate that we act like 12 year olds and bring out the ORIGINAL Nintendo! Here is Brian playing Super Mario Brothers. Lisa getting ready to sing Karaoke!!!! I am not joking when I say Steave and Lisa have all the fun toys at their house....Old School Nintendo, Rock Band, Wii Dance Dance, Ping-Pong Table...there is never a dull moment...
They even have props/costumes hanging around...LOL
Here are the guys making root-beer bombs (Rootbeer Schnapps shot dropped in a glass of beer)...Bottoms Up!!!!
Liz leading us in a tune....
I really don't know what was happening at this point. Thankfully I was asleep...
Seriously-Thankfully I was asleep. Are these guys for real???? Silly boys.....Snoozing and Ryan took the pic to prove it! There is an on-going joke in our neighborhood that I hibernate during the fall and winter months- SERIOUSLY!!!! I can't hang past 11pm when the temperature starts to change...I ALWAYS fall asleep. I personally think it is work~stress related, but my neighbors think otherwise and chalk my peaceful slumber up to hibernation. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!
Until next time...xo

4 comments:

Liz & Eric Beckner said...

i so hate you for the singing picture...hahaha

Brent and Holly said...

awww.....we want to be neighbors with you guys. I can totally relate to your sleeping pic....LOL. Have a great rest of your week!

Natalie said...

It's funny but I've been hearing that same story lately. Many people say air conditions and movie theater make them extremely tired and it makes them fall asleep! I can't sleep in cold situations unless I have a good pillow and a warm blanket! (I know I wouldn't be able to sleep in pony tails either!!)

Kellie said...

That makes me sleepy... :) LOVE how much fun you guys have together!!