We folks, here she is...sweet little Elise Anne made her way into the world at 1:40 in the morning on October 16, 2009.
This week was super busy again...we had our ESL Family Math night on Thursday, and I taught my 2 adult classes on Monday and Wednesday night. As you can see from the pics, we had an awesome turn-out again...
Here are Alissa and I presenting our PowerPoint and modeling the math games for the families. We taught the families 3 math games. A money exchange game, an addition/multiplication game, and a game involving multiples.
Our Family Nights are my favorite events! I LOVE to see the children excited about all the things they have learned at school. It makes it even sweeter when the families get involved and a connection between home and school is made. Even though I leave feeling exhausted (usually heading out to work by 6:30am and not getting home until after 9pm), I always feel good on these evenings, because I know I am making a difference...
With work comes reward and we will be rewarded with Fall Break (no school) on Thursday and Friday of this week!!!! Wooo Hoooo- a mini vacation! But, before the fun can begin, we still had more to accomplish this weekend. I had to meet up with my friend Edyza to plan for the upcoming adult classes and Ryan had to turn in quarterly grades. To gain our strength, we had to make a pit stop at Steak N' Shake...Until next time...xo





5 comments:
Oh my goodness...you live in a picture!!! I need to fly to your house to take my family picture this year!!! I loved the "Bee-hind" comment!!! I wish I were able to come up with cute stuff like that!!!!
WOW........you guys are so lucky to experience all of the seasons. That is one thing I enjoyed about the time Brent and I lived in Illinois. Enjoy your time with your mom & brother. We will look forward to your next update. :-)
wow you guys are busy! but i cant get over how beautiful it is! I keep trying to convince Brandon to move out of state!
Okay, Okay the baby is beautiful! wow what a cutie.
And I think Indy wins for most beautiful state during the fall season, you may have TN beat!
I am so glad to hear you guys had some fall break time, I was thinking about you wondering if you did.
Emma has an entire week!
Seriously-that place is gorgeous. I never get over it. It makes me sad that we don't get to experience the beauty of the seasons here in California. Congratulations to your friend on her adorable baby girl!! I am SOOOO excited for mine. Enjoy your break!! I'm sure you'll be doing lots of fun/exciting things!!!
Post a Comment