This week Ryan and I had our Fall Break. We had no work on Thursday and Friday. My mom and brother flew out from California to visit us.

I love when we have guests, Ryan always cooks up a storm! He made us so many delicious meals while they were here! Here he is preparing cornbread for his famous homemade chili- YUMMY!!!


Here is a pic of one of the yummy dinners he prepared- pork loin, scalloped potatoes, salad, french bread...DELICIOUS!!!

Here is a pic of Ryan, Zach, Steave and my brother throwing the football around on our cul-de-sac...

The guys played football during half-time- Colts are 6-0 BABY!!!!!

The first place I had to take mom and Garrett was Potter's Woods. The woods are right down the street from our house and with the fall foliage in full effect, it was a necessity....

Pic of the White River...

Pretty- looks like a postcard, huh?

This was my brother's first visit to Indiana. Ryan and I were so excited to get to show him around.

Colorful trees surrounding Morse Reservoir...

This was also the first time my brother saw colored leaves in person...

We went out to McAllister's Deli with our mom and were as goofy as EVER!!!

I love my mama!!! I used to get told that I looked a ton like my dad, but the older I get, the more I hear I look like my mom...I wonder if my semi-new brunette locks have anything to do with that????

We drove north on Thursday to Chicago. Here are some trees along the interstate...

The windy city greeted us with crummy weather...

There were not too many people out and about, but it was cool to show mom and Garrett Lake Michigan. They were impressed by how much it looks like the ocean...

Here is a pic of Navy Pier in Chicago...

We stayed at a hotel on Lakeshore Drive- it was kind of fancy. Here is my brother acting silly...

Ryan and Garrett act like the biggest dorks when they are together.

My brother got creative and made this Afro out of a throw-pillow in our hotel room...

Garrett standing in front of Garrett's Popcorn in Downtown Chicago...

Our trip to Chi-Town would not be complete without seeing our long-time friend, Andrea.

We met up for dinner at Hub 51...

We LOVE Drea-

Ryan and I were having such a great time hanging out with everyone!

I love hanging out with my mom. We always have a blast together! This was her 3rd trip to Indy and her first time in Chicago...

When we woke up on Friday morning, we drove around Downtown Chi-Town...
Beautiful scenery...bad weather AGAIN!!!

Wrigley Field was a "Must- See."
Me and GG...
Ryan, me, Garrett and mom...

Chicago is such a spectacular city. If you have never been, I would definitely recommend it- sooooo much to see and do!

Leaving the windy city...

Back to Indiana...

Cornfields galore...

Once we got home, we took our house guests over to Steave and Lisa's for some neighborhood fun

Liz brought baby Elise over. She is over a week old now and is as precious as ever!

That little girl will NEVER lack attention. She is a show-stopper for sure!

Liz, Garrett, me, Liz and baby Elise...

The boys doing shots...this looks familiar!

Mom and me...

A few drinks in, the guys thought it would be a great idea to hold wrestling matches in Steave and Lisa's living room...

Men and their brilliant ideas...

Testosterone = Stupidity

As you can see, everyone made it out alive!!!
On Saturday night, we got ready to go over to Zach and Kristin's to celebrate Zach's 33rd birthday...
Here is a pic of Ryan and Layne playing UFC on PS3...
Brian and Garrett...
Lisa and Steave...
Zach has a twin sister Jessica. She drove 5 hours from Ohio to celebrate her birthday with her brother...
Zach's mom came from Ohio too. It was so sweet. She brought all these cute mementos from Zach and Jessica's childhood to put around their cake...
Happy Birthday Jessica and Zach!
Make a wish!!!
Me, Lisa, Kristin and Sabrina...Liz was missing- she had a girlfriend visiting from out of town and didn't show up until later in the evening.
Me and my love...
Mom and Garrett- Thank you sooooo much for visiting us!!! We had a great time and can't wait until our next adventure!!!!

Until next time...xo
4 comments:
I am so glad that Garrett finally got to visit! I bet he thought it was rad, huh?
Little Elise is adorable -- CONGRATS Liz!
You guys always have so much fun. I am going to try really hard to see you at the end of December. I hear you are going to pick up Kel and Greg from Chi town on the 30th?
P.S. Your hair looks awesome! XOXO
Fantastic photos Brooke...looks like you had a great visit with your Mom and brother! Your Mom still looks amazing!
Breath taking photo' Brooke! It's so beautiful there. It looks like your mom and brother had a fun visit and that baby Elise is a little doll!!
You guys are always having fun or finding fun!
:)
Your mom's eyes are so pretty just like your! A beautiful blue.
Ooooh man! The dinners that Ryan made look so good! You and your brother look SO alike...you both have your mom's eyes.
Post a Comment