Sunday, November 1, 2009

November Already???

Hey everyone!!! We can not believe November is already here!!! The time continues to just fly by! We are looking forward to spending our Thanksgiving Break with Ryan's parents (they are flying in the Wednesday before Turkey Day). Halloween weekend was extremely eventful. Friday night, Ryan put his blood, sweat and tears into carving pumpkins... Ryan used a dremel tool to carve intricate patterns into our pumpkins. Here I am providing moral support as he worked for hours on those things!!!
I was kind of bored during the process, so when I wasn't kissing on Ryan, I was shoving Frodie into empty pumpkins...LOL
Even the doggies got tired...But Ryan kept on drilling and carving and drilling...And drilling and carving...
Until...TA-DA!!! He was done. The first carving is of Albert Einstein...I guess you have to be a physics person to understand what would possess a person to carve this face into a pumpkin...
Pumpkin number two- A Gothic Angel. I picked out the template, but Ryan did all the work. Great job, Ry!!!
On Saturday, we went to a Halloween Party at Steave and Lisa's house. We were Scarecrow and Dorthy from the Wizard of Oz. I have wanted us to be these 2 characters for years. My hair was in prime condition to be Dorthy this year. Long, brown and Mid-Westy...LOL :)
Sabrina and Brian :) She looks great as a brunette, don't you think?
Layne in his dragon costume :)
About to do an apple pie shot. I LOVE my face in this pic. I look soooo pissed off...LOL
Me and Witchy Woman Lisa :)
My sweet Scarecrow....ironic the smartest guy I know is in a costume representing a character that ponders what he would do "if he only had a brain..."
I love you, Ryan!!!! And I love the braids...my neighbor Liz did my hair. It looked super cute! Thanks Liz!!!
Me and Kristin :)
New parents Eric and Liz...Liz's parents drove down from Chicago to babysit Elise, so they could enjoy a night of adult fun :)
Eric and Steave being inappropriate as usual...
All the girls :)
Ruby Slippers..."There's no place like home, There's no place like home..."There was a pumpkin carving contest. I'm sure you are not surprised who the winner was...Way to go, Ryan!!!
Zach and Eric acting foolish- two peas in a pod! Ryan gave Zach that hideous haircut earlier in the day...
Lisa was sooooo appalled, she had to scream!!!
Playing flippy cup :)
Doing the Electric Slide...
Toward the end of the night...
Ryan in half his costume playing ping-pong in the Ohio State game room...
Happy Halloween my love!!! xo
When I woke up this morning I was on a mission...a mission to put away all my Halloween decor and prepare for Thanksgiving (which by the way is my FAVORITE holiday). I set out my Horn of Plenty...
My Indian, Pilgrim and Turkey...
My fall leaves and pumpkin basket...
and my Happy Harvest scarecrow.... I am sooooo excited to decorate our dining room table!!! This Thanksgiving will be our first formal dinner using our dining room and I can't wait to go shopping for a Thanksgiving themed runner, placemats and napkins!!!
While I was downstairs working away, Ryan put flannel sheets on our bed!!!! It is starting to cool off here and our regular sheets and comforter are NOT cutting it!!! I love Winter time!!! It will be here before we know it and now we will be snug as bugs in a rug...
After my hard work around the house, I treated myself to a day of beauty (trust me, I DESPERATELY needed it). I am usually a tight-wad, but I've been teaching that night class and earning extra money, so I thought I deserved it! I went to the salon and got my hair chopped off!!! The last time I got my hair cut was last Spring Break...I know, sad!! I vow to start putting more effort into my appearance...
I also went to the mall and bought some GOOD make-up...I am not a spring chicken anymore and I was in need of some decent coverage. I bought face primer (I know-I thought primer was just for walls too...LOL), foundation, powder, mascara and lip-plumper (watch out Octo-Mom)!!!
Ryan says he likes the way my new hair-do "frames my face." He could just be being nice...He knows better than to say anything but kind things about my hair- I mean, with all the hair-dos I have had throughout the years...I don't think anything surprises him anymore! They say variety is the spice of life...I'd say Ryan's life is full of spice- he gets to sleep with a different looking Brookie every couple years :)
Until next time....xo

3 comments:

Natalie said...

I Love, LoVe, loVE your hair cut!

CherylMazzacane said...

Love, love your blog..I'm still a newbie..LOL...your hair looks FABULOUS!!!!

JENN said...

I am always so eager to read your next blog. This one didnt disappoint as usual.
I loev your hair and the costumes everyone had on for the Halloween party look so fun! Everyone looked great.
The pumpkins!? hello! those were awesome, wish I had the patience for that.
I know what you mean about flannel sheets, its time for them here now too!