Sunday, November 22, 2009

Oh so Thankful...

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. It is a time for all of us to reflect back on all things we are grateful for. This year, I am thankful for many things. The first and most important one being my husband. Ryan is such a wonderful person. He is patient, loving and just an all-around good guy. I am thankful we were able to sell our home in California and move to Indy. We really love it here. It was the right move for us. Being able to experience the seasons and wide open spaces has really been a blessing...We went to Kroger this weekend to get all of our food for Thursday's feast. Ryan's parents are flying out and we are thrilled to be able to spend some quality time together. We are both so thankful for our friends and families. Not a day goes by that we do not think about all of you!!!Here is Ryan pushing the cart of goodies...Our pantry is filled to the brim with Thanksgiving goodness...Do you see all those cans of vegetable broth??? Yep, Ryan is going to make that Alton Brown turkey again! I think I have mentioned before that Ryan is OBSESSED with the show Good Eats.
Here is our bird chillin' in the fridge awaiting its Thanksgiving debut... I ended up changing the new window coverings I bought last weekend...Our living room felt like a theater...too "drapey" for my liking. I ended up going to Target (the ONLY store out of the seven I went to last weekend that I did not go to for window coverings- go figure)!
I found EXACTLY what I was looking for. These striped valances are MUCH better- simple and more color. My abrupt change in decor made me think of my mom...that is sooooo something she would do. Haha :) Ryan and I spent most of the weekend cleaning...I'm talking HEAVY DUTY- vacuuming, dusting, bathrooms, oven, baseboards, laundry, mopping, windows...you name it, we did it! Ahhhhh...I don't know what I love more- the clean house or the fact that my hubby helped me clean it. I'm telling you, the man's a gem!
I was able to get away for a few hours to hit the movie theater with the girls. It was "New Moon" weekend. Lisa and I went to the movie to hang with our friends. Sabrina and Liz went because they are Twilight ADDICTS... I thought it was better than the first movie, but I still don't get what all the hype is about!Lastly I am thankful for Fall smells and flavors...hazelnut, gingerbread, cinnamon, pumpkin- I love them all!!! Here I am holding a pumpkin spice shake from Culver's- a local burger joint...
Until next time...xo

1 comment:

Amy said...

Happy Thanksgiving!!!