Sunday, November 15, 2009

Just Your Typical Midwest Weekend...

This week we really didn't do a whole lot. We have been extremely busy with work! We are both looking forward to our 4 days off and spending Thanksgiving with Ryan's mom and dad.
On Friday, all the girls went over to Lisa's house to watch the movie, "The Ugly Truth" and drink wine. We had a blast! I love hanging out with my girls... The weather has been kind of over-cast and blah, so Ryan and I decided to put our time and effort into beautifying the casa. On Saturday, we went to Bed Bath and Beyond and bought a new clock for our living room... We love it! It goes well with our decor and even has a swinging pendulum... We also decided to put up window decor in our living room. Here is Ryan installing rods above our windows...Yes, that is old school Beverly Hills 90210 on our TV. This is how we spend our weekends these days...LOL
I bought some burgundy colored window scarves. They took FOREVER to iron... Here is the finished product...
We had originally set out to purchase window coverings and a mirror for our front entryway, but no such luck. I did however spy this gem. It is significant because this is the quote Ryan and I have engraved in our wedding bands...
It is going to be hung above our bed-Ryan didn't have time to hang it this weekend, but he will hang it up sometime this week... For now, it sits on top of our headboard...
On Sunday, we all went over to Steave and Lisa's for dinner. Cheers!
We enjoyed a delicious dinner of chicken, mashed potatoes, homemade applesauce and brownies...Mmmmmm! I love our neighborhood pitch-ins!
Lisa, Liz and me...
Here is a pic of baby Elise dancing on Ryan's head...
She is so sweet...her hair is adorable. It sticks straight up :)
There is nothing sweeter than a new baby. We are all in love with her. She is a little doll...
We all pass her around...I don't even have a pic of her with her mom and dad!!! Here she is with doting neighbors Lisa and Zach...
Later on, we walked over to Eric and Liz's to watch the Colt's game. Here is a pic of me and Steave...
and Eric giving Lilly a High-5!!! Go C-O-L-T-S!!!
Until next time...xo

2 comments:

Kellie said...

I love, love, love your hair! SO cute! And speaking of hair-that baby is SOOOO adorable!!

Amy said...

I too, love the hair do for sure!!! AND, I love the new wall decor!!! I love the way you did the windows and I LOVE the clock!!!!