Sunday, October 11, 2009

Halos, Horsies and Halloween :)

This week has been sooooo FUN for us!!!! Not only are our Colts 5-0, but the Angels are in the playoffs!!!! We have been staying up WAYYYYYYYY past our bedtime (remember folks, we are 3 hours ahead on East Coast time) to watch the Angels play! We are keeping our fingers crossed for a spot in this year's Word Series!!! Go Halos!!! This week we went to the Pumpkin Patch. Ryan really gets into carving pumpkins. In fact, last year he got out his dremel tool to use on a pumpkin and got pumpkin guts ALL over our garage!!! The pumpkin patch is less than a mile from our house. From the pic below, I guess we really do live in the "sticks!!!" But we looooooooove it.....
We went to Russell Farms to pick out our pumpkins...
We decided to try out a corn maze (we have been wanting to go in one ever since we moved here)!
Corn mazes are extremely popular, as crops like this are all over Indiana.
Ryan taking the lead....
Mmmmmmm.....corn!!!
The stalks are sooooo tall!!! We gave it two tries, but never made it out the exit!!!! We kept walking around in circles and ending up back at the entrance! Oh well... What a beautiful day! I LOVE the cool, crisp, Autumn air... There were a few farm animals hanging around. Here is Ryan next to some Pygmy Ponies. Me petting a baby goat. Bahhhhhhhh :) We took a hay ride out to the pumpkin patch. There were sooooo many to choose from! Ry holding up our selections! Me getting ready for the ride back to the farm :) I will post pics of our carved pumpkins in the next couple of weeks... Even when I lived in California, Fall was always my favorite season! I love wearing jeans and sweatshirts and feeling a chilly breeze blow across my face. Now that we are Mid-Westerners, I adore Fall even more. I am MADLY in love with the trees here!!!! I think the colored leaves are just breath-taking! I can't even imagine how beautiful they must be on the East Coast in places like Vermont and Massachusetts~ This is the view we have across the street from our house. The white clouds almost give the illusion of snow-capped mountains in the background...heehee! Green and yellow... Red and purple.... A RAINBOW of foliage... These are pics of the route I take on my drive home from work... Everyday I think to myself, gosh these trees are sooooo beautiful! The seasons are so AMAZING!!!!! Our world is filled with so much beauty! I think Autumn leaves are absolutely magical...Looks like God hand-painted each one... Even our baby trees that line our side yard are beginning to turn... With the Fall months comes preparation for Winter...Won't be too long until all the beautiful leaves are gone and a blanket of snow is covering the frozen ground. Here is a pic of the neighborhood kid aerating our lawn (a necessity this time of year to prep the lawn for cold weather)....Not too bad for twenty bucks! This week we also bought our Halloween costumes. I am going to be Dorthy from the Wizard of Oz and Ryan is going to be the Scarecrow. Steave and Lisa are having a party at their house. We are really looking forward to another fun evening with our neighbors :) Have a great week everyone!!! We wish our Halos good luck in the American League Championship Series!!!! WOOOOO-HOOOOO!!!!
Until next time...xo

3 comments:

Amy Schuler said...

I cannot get over how beautiful the trees look! Amazing!

JENN said...

I completely agree with you on the season! I love Fall!
I miss Oak Glen, but over the weekend we went to another farm where our Church was gathering for a County Fair! I will be posting pis soon, it was so beautiful and the activities were so neat. There is just no comparison to the scenery out this way. I love your photos! Indiana is beautiful, so beautiful. I never would have known if you hadnt moved there and shared this with us.
I love your costume! I am hoping to pick mine up this weekend. Halloween is by far my favorite holiday, Christmas being a close second.
Smart getting the lawn aerated too! even if when they are done the little clumps of dirt look like poo! lol

Kellie said...

Indiana is such a GORGEOUS state! I had no idea until you moved there. It's gorgeous!!! That crisp, cool Autumn air is making me REALLY jealous!