Sunday, January 24, 2010

Super Bowl Bound Baby!!!!

Hello everyone!!! We hope you are enjoying what is left of January. Ryan and I are busy with work and still sticking to our New Year's Resolution of losing weight, To date, I have lost 8 pounds and Ryan has lost 13. We still have more to go, but are making progress...Woo-Hoo! These pics of Ryan and Elise are from last week. Aren't they adorable? She is already 3 months old!!! She looks like a little cherub :) On Thursday, my department held our 2nd ESL Family Night of the school year. We had a decent turn out, considering the weather was rainy and the roads were icy... The families were served dinner and then taught games they could play at home to increase their English language acquisition. We were very fortunate to have several staff members help out with this event. I created a total of 4 games for the families to play. They were all vocabulary based and related to nouns, verbs, adjectives and question words.
Then on Saturday, I went to the local high school to support our 4th and 5th grade girls as they performed their step/dance routine. You may recall that I helped out with "Inspire" last year as well. The girls did such a GREAT job!!! This was their first perfomance of the year! They perfomed during half-time of the neighboring high school's Varsity basketball game. I was so proud of them :) The middle and high school girls performed as well. They are in the purple and black shirts... The weather was much milder this week... We had temps in the 40's and 50's. I put up our Valentine's Day decorations... All of the snow melted and I was able to go outside and switch out our Christmas flowers and add some pretty pink tulips to our flower boxes... Then on Sunday, we headed over to the Gilbert's house to watch the Colts battle the Jets for the AFC Championship. Here is Brian chopping some green onions... Sabrina making South Beach Diet Phase 2 Peanut Butter Cookies...Yum-Yum!!! Me and Sabrina :) Cutie Pie Layne :) Brian holding Elise :) Do you like Elise's socks? I bought them for her. They were so darling~ I couldn't resist... Steave, Kristin, me, Eric and Elise relaxing on the sofa...
Colts Cutie! Lisa and Sabrina :) GO HORSE!!! Here is a pic of all the gals... And the guys~ Thanks for being good sports! They HATE when I take pics of them...As you can imagine, we were all "over the moon" when we found out our Colts made it to the Super Bowl!!! Brian busted out the champagne to celebrate! Cheers Indianapolis!!! We decided to have the Super Bowl party on our street (Everyone else lives on the cul-de-sac behind us). The first part will take place at our house and the evening will end at Steave and Lisa's.Have a fantastic week everyone! Super Bowl time in 2 weeks B-A-B-Y!!!! Time to beat dem Saints!!!

Until next time...xo

No comments: