Sunday, February 14, 2010

Snowy Sweetheart Superbowl Sadness

Hey Everyone!!! We hope all of you had a very Happy Valentine's Day!!! I apologize for being behind on our BLOG- I realize we have a "loyal" following and I will try my best to stay on top of things!The ENTIRE family has been suffering from cabin fever!!! We have gotten more snow this February than any other February on record!!!We have been toying with the idea of purchasing a pool table to go in our upstairs loft for the past year. This weekend put us over the edge...We were in desperate need of some type of indoor recreation!!!Family Leisure was having a President's Day sale and we got a pretty good deal. Eventually over time, we are going to build a bar in the corner and purchase a couple stools and a flat screen to complete the room. Little by little, our house is filling up~ but as you know, school teachers aren't made of money, so patience, patience, patience...We have been dealing with snow for days and days and days!!! It is so COLD here!!! In fact, we haven't hit 40 degrees the entire month of February!!! The average temps have been in the teens and twenties... Here is a pic of our front yard bushes covered in ice...More frost-bitten foliage... Driving around the neighborhood...Brrrrrr....Ice Ice Baby!!!It is a really pretty contrast when the sun comes out and the skies are blue... On Valentine's Day, we enjoyed each other's company and spent the day at home...As I have mentioned in previous posts, Ryan and I are not big holiday "gift givers." Typically a card, or a homemade gift is all we usually give/make for one another. Here is a pic of the cards we got each other and the heart-shaped blueberry and chocolate chip pancakes Ryan made for me~Awwwww!!!I had to share this coat rack with everyone!!! It was regularly $200.00 on clearance at JC Penny's for $37.00!!!! Awesome, right???? It is a fantastic addition!!! Trust me- with all the rain and snow we get in Indy, this was the PERFECT find!!! We ended our Valentine's Day by watching princess Elise, so her mommy and daddy could go on a date. Unfortunately, she wasn't LOVING me or Ryan!
Here is some more snow...A sea of white...Cutie-Pie Sam enjoying his surroundings... Ryan and I NEVER tire of watching this guy frolic in the snow. It is his FAVORITE thing to do!!! Did you think we forgot about Super Bowl??? No Way!!! We know we did not take home the big "WIN," but we still had a great time and are proud of our Colts!!! Here are Ryan and Layne... Elise and Brian... The guys "wishing and hoping and praying...."We were so bummed, we couldn't even show our faces :( Oh well!!! As they say, "Better luck next year!!!" Until next time...xo

3 comments:

Janet said...

Great deal on the pretty coat hanger! Man I love a good deal. :)

Amy said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that coat rack!!!!!!!! AND it's SO perfect for you guys b/c of the snow etc...
I have been wishing for one but like you said...costs money! Anyway...I also LOVE the pool table, so much indoor fun with friends!

Lindsay said...

The snow is so beautiful. It was over 80 here today!!! Crazy!!
Love the pool table. I miss ours...we had so much fun with it, as I'm sure you will :) Wise investment!!
P.S. I want blueberry pancakes now! :)