Sunday, May 9, 2010

Congrats are in Order...

Hey Everyone! This week has been a LOOOOOOONG one! I have been sick ALL week- I stayed home from work on Wednesday and Friday trying to recover. Grrrrrrr! I think I am sick from one of two things 1). The weather- it is cold then it is warm, then it is cold...OR 2). There is too much going on and after Ofelia and Adrian flew back to Mexico, my body gave up on me! Anyhow, I think I am over the illness (at least for now).On Monday night, I threw a surprise party for Ryan! He is DONE, yes DONE with his graduate courses!!!! He found out last week that the one course he had left to make up in the fall is being waived and that he doesn't have to take it!!! So it is official-Ryan has his Master's Degree in Education!!! I am so proud of Ryan. He decided to go back to school in 2004, and has been taking college courses ever since! He completed his Bachelor's Degree shortly before we moved to Indy and has been enrolled in a graduate program ever since we moved here. He has worked diligently to achieve his goals and all of his hard work has finally paid off!!! Woo-Hoo!!! I know it has been difficult juggling a full-time teaching day job with night and Saturday classes these past two years, so I wanted to do something special for him. I secretly contacted all of our friends and asked them show up at a local pizza parlor for a surprise celebration. The manager was really nice and let me decorate the back banquet room especially for Ryan.Ryan, you are going to have so much free time, you are not going to know what to do with yourself!!! Enjoy it!!! You deserve it! Congratulations!!! XOOn Saturday, we drove to Effingham, Illinois to attend Steave and Lisa's wedding! Steave and Lisa live one door down from us. They have been together for 7 years and decided to finally "SEAL THE DEAL!!!" This pic is of all the neighborhood crew in attendance:Me, Sabrina, beautiful bride Lisa and Liz :) Steave and Lisa gave out personalized "cuzzis" as wedding favors...Steave made me take this pic of the bottom, it says "It's About Dang Time!" Heehee :)Here are Sabrina, Liz and me messing with Zach- Eric and Brian :)
Liz and me :) Ole' Cha-cha-cha!!! Now if that isn't sexy, I don't know what is!!! Congrats, Steave and Lisa!!! We know you two will have a wonderful life together!!! We love ya!!! xo Before I say good-bye, wanted to share these pics taken from our front yard after a thunderstorm...
Rain is annoying, but it does make everything green, clean and fresh :)Finally, we would like to wish our moms a very HAPPY Mother's Day!!! We are so blessed to have moms that love and care for us sooooo much!!! The older we get, the more we realize how much work, responsibility and unconditional love it takes to be a good parent. Not a day goes by that we are not thankful for our mothers!!! We love you!!!

Until next time...xo

No comments: