Sunday, October 5, 2008

Home Sweet Home

We hope everyone is happy and healthy! This week, we decided to check out the Monon Trail. It is over 15 miles long. It begins in Carmel (the town neighboring Noblesville) and goes all the way into downtown Indy.

Here is a picture of the Monon entrance:Its tree-lined path allows pedestrians to walk, run, roller-blade, bicycle and walk their dogs. We decided to take Frodie and Sam with us.It was a beautiful day. We love being outdoors to take in all the lovely scenery...The boys LOVED walking on the trail. Because they are both fairly small, every single kid we ran into on the trail, shouted "Awwwwww...look at the puppies." They got so much attention- they are so SPOILED!!!

Frodo was a real trooper, although toward the end of our walk, I had to carry him. The poor doggie was so exhausted.Here they are on the car ride home all tuckered out!!!Ryan has class 2 nights a week. He currently has an emergency teaching permit, and is in the process of getting his Indiana Teaching License and Master's Degree in Teaching. My neighbor Liz adopts me on the nights Ryan is in school and feeds me. She is an excellent cook. She tries out new recipes on me and her husband, Eric. We are her very happy, very hungry guinnea pigs... She is such a cutie patootie....I LOVE her! :)
The builders planted trees along the greenbelt across the street from us...they are beginning to turn colors- lovely, lovely... This tree faces our house...I can't wait until it grows taller. In a couple of years it will be sooooo pretty, don't you think??? They are adding a paved walkway to the greenbelt- you can see where they grated if you look closely...
Here are the boys running in the front yard...


Ryan makes fun of me for taking so many pictures of the trees...but growing up in SoCal, I have never seen colorful leaves like this before. Brace yourselves...the trees are just beginning to turn- I'll probabaly post pics of a GAZILLION more!Here is a picture of the pond in our neighborhood. Our neighbor's son caught a pretty large catfish in it the other day...I was FINALLY able to find a Colt's jersey to fit my very large, very manly husband...

We are actually starting to like football. I guess living in the Midwest will do that to you...
Here are our other neighbor's Brian and Sabrina....I LOVE them too!!!
We are on a rotational schedule for the Colt's games. We alternate houses between the 3 couples (the BLERBS). Ryan and I look forward to spending time with our new friends- They are AWESOME.
I think I found a chuch I like. It is called Northview Christian Life Church. It is in Carmel. It reminds me a lot of Harvest. The pastor is well-spoken and applies the scripture to everyday life. I left there today feeling that content feeling I always get after I attend a meaningful service. Indiana is really starting to feel like home...
We have been enjoying watching the Angels-Boston division series. It has been the ONLY Anaheim baseball we've been able to get out here. We definitely want to catch an Angels game when we come out to Cali in 2009.


I would like to wish my father-in-law, Terry a very Happy Birthday on October 7th!!! Hope you have a wonderful day and the best year ever!
Until next time....xo

5 comments:

Erin said...

I'm in tears because I miss you guys so much!!

And I am so glad you found a church!

And I LOVE the trees!!

XOXO Always!

Amy said...

Fun and Cute pictures as always!!! I am loving that adorable trail you found! Please tell me you didn't do the whole fifteen miles!!!

Natalie said...

Please keep those GAZILLION tree photos coming! That is my favorite season. (I'm originally from Colorado and I miss those fall colors here in California)
I'm also loving those trails! "I'm feeling jealous" :(

By the way, thank you for your kind words on my blog. I don't know your family but I know you, and I like what I see! Then of course I think the world of Terry and Carol, they've really proven what kind of parents they are. (Terrific)

We love you both. :)

Kellie said...

Beautiful place, as always!! I love that your neighbor caught a FISH in that little pond!!! That's awesome!! And yeah-did you really hike the whole way on the trail?? WOW!!!!

SO good that you found a church! That is such an important part of my life too.

:)

Erin said...

Oh and I love the trail too...I wish I could run on it!!!

Did I tell you I'm doing my first 10k in November? Woopwoop!

XOXO

PS Who are all these new blogger friends? hehe