Sunday, October 12, 2008

Just an Ordinary Week with Extraordinary Trees...

Okay, so this week wasn't too exciting. In fact, it was just one of those ordinary kinda BLAH weeks. But, we are getting VERY excited for our camping trip to Brown County next weekend with our neighbors and of course for our 4-day Fall Break at the end of October :)


Friday night, Ryan invited Zach and Brian over to play darts in our garage... I think they are annoyed with me...I always make them take pics for the BLOG (heehee). Brian's wife Sabrina started a BLOG too.I'm sure Brian is thrilled with me for encouraging it...Sabrina and I hung out and did girly things in the house...we aren't much for darts. I dyed my horrific GREY hair (yes I was blessed with the grey hair and the crappy teeth) and told her how much I needed to get it cut.....So, on Saturday morning, while Ryan was out golfing I did just that. Now, those of you that know me well, know that Ryan's pet name for me is the "Money Nazi." He calls me that because well, I'm kind of cheap- you know, stingy, frugal...I don't like to spend a lot of money on unecessary things, like going to a salon for instance. I went to Super Cuts and get this...I got my hair cut for 14 dollars!!! Isn't that awesome- I was soooooooooo happy :) What do you think?
And as if my day couldn't get any better, I found this black trench coat with a removable liner at the thrift store for 10 bucks!!! All it needed was a good washing and it was "Good as New." What a steal!The house in back of us is almost ready for move-in. The builder laid sod last week. We love how it looks, because now we don't have to stare at a dirt lot. We bought stakes and 30 foot leads for the dogs, so they can be in the backyard "unsupervised." This will have to do until we can afford a fence... They like being outside and surprisingly don't get tangled up. They have enough room to run around and get some much-needed exercise.
This is the lovely view we now have out our back slider...so, we had to add sheers to our back window.

The cream-colored sheers are new, and will allow for some privacy, when the new neighbors and their 5 (yes 5) children move in....On Sunday, we took a drive to take pictures of what else? TREES!!! Here is a picture as we are leaving our home development...Here are some trees next to the fire station about a mile away from our house...Here are some trees along the side of State Road 37...Here are some trees in the Wal-Mart parking lot...Here are some trees we photographed driving through Noblesville...
Here are some trees at the park... These ones are the prettiest!






The colors are to DIE for...you would NOT believe your eyes!!!




Trees on the way home...



...and of course, Ryan is having a BLAST watching the LCS in baseball. Too bad about our Angels though!!!
Until next time...xo

6 comments:

Kellie said...

WOW!!! GREAT cut, Brooke!! You look SO pretty!!! And your eyes are so BLUE! Great picture!!

Those TREES were beautful as always!! :)

I think Brett hates all the pictures I take of him too!! But it's for a GREAT cause called "the blog"!!

Amy said...

I agree with Kellie...BEAUTIFUL trees and BEAUTIFUL Brooke!

Brent and Holly said...

ahhhhhhhh......... We just love your updates. Even Brent gets to enjoy your blog updates from the ship. Have a great week!!!

Erin said...

Brookie I love your cheap haircut! LOL You go girl!

And the trees are amazing...bordering unbelievable!!!

Love you!

Natalie said...

All your photo's remind me of a post card that might read something like; Fantastic fall foliage splashing the countryside --Outdoor fun and friendly folk!"

~Oh dear, but rich fall colors remind me of c o l d winters~Burr

(I love your new home...and the hair cut too!)

Unknown said...

Hi Brooke. I love you and miss you so much. Your place looks great. Ahhhh changing leaves so amazing. YOu look so happy, I am so happy for you two.
Not sure if you heard, but Campbell and I are moving back to the city. (SF that is) He got a better job opportunity//// besides I am a city girl at heart.
love
Cori