This week was national "Teacher Appreciation Week." Our staff was spoiled with all kinds of goodies including massages during our lunch break, personalized lunch boxes, picture frames and our own coffee barista for the day! Here is my teaching partner Alissa ordering a Chai tea in the front hallway of our school...We could have anything we wanted...lattes, espressos, hot chocolate, tea...all for free!
Lately I have been speaking to her TOTALLY in Spanish- my goal is to become fluent. You would be proud of me, last week I translated for 2 parents and helped with registration for next year too!
It was really fun- we had a Silent Auction (teachers donated items and families bid on them-I donated a "Hannah Montana Themed Pizza Party" for a 1st or 2nd grade girl and a friend), bike raffle and free (yes free hot dogs, chips and drinks for all families donated by our PFA).
Our Inspire Dancers performed their first live routine! Lori and I were so proud!!! They were awesome--check them out!
It was our friend Karen's 44th birthday...Happy Birthday, Karen!!!
Group photo: Clockwise- me, Alissa, Karen, Emily, Edyza and Tammy
So, back to the rain--on Saturday, Ryan and I went shopping around town, and were waiting for it to DUMP!!!!

There it goes....
I'll be the first to admit that rain isn't always the most ideal weather, but it sure makes everything green and lush. This is what the Freeways (they call them Interstates) look like out here. No block walls, no graffiti, just trees for miles and miles....
When the rain goes away and the sun comes out, it is like God turned on the lights...Ooooh lala! Sunday (Mother's Day) we had gorgeous blue skies and mild temps...
On Mother's Day, we took our fur babies to Geist Park. We had to cross over Geist Reservoir to get there....
And drive past all the PRETTY HOUSES....

and wooded roads....
Happy Mother's Day!!! We love our moms soooooooooooooooo much!!!! Now that we are older, we are truly able to reflect on how difficult a job parenting is--we have a new found respect for motherhood. It is the HARDEST, most IMPORTANT job on this Earth!!! Thank you so much for bringing us into this world, raising us and loving us unconditionally!!! xoxoxo
We walked the dogs along the trails-so beautiful. It is AMAZING how a month ago all of the trees were bare and now they are all green again...
The trails followed a back canal off of Geist Lake...

When I get to enjoy scenery like this, I am thankful for the crappy weather we sometimes have to endure...
Since it was Mother's Day, I had to give my baby some love....xo
He is such a sweetie when he wants to be...
Geist Park had a lot of trails, but not a lot of open area...we LOVE to break the law and take our dogs off their leashes (heehee), so we drove 15 minutes up the road back to Noblesville. Here are the pups in Forest Park checking out the yellow wildflowers...
On Friday night a few ESL teachers from our district got together at my house to hang out and discuss some plans for next year. We had a potluck...It was SUPER delicious!!!
So, back to the rain--on Saturday, Ryan and I went shopping around town, and were waiting for it to DUMP!!!!





4 comments:
Why did this blog make me tear up? I'm such a baby! I think it was actually looking at all the pics on the left of you and Ry at various locations. I miss you so so much. I am glad that you will be at this location very soon.
All my love!
Oh, I lOvE all your seasons. All four are so unique and beautiful. Do you have lots of mosquitoes in the summer?
Yes- a lot of people have screened porches to keep the bugs away...LOL
What a BEAUTIFUL place to live! Congrats on the year! And your doggies are SO cute!
Post a Comment