Hello all! Wednesday was my last day of work!!!! I will begin my 7th year of teaching in the fall! Can you believe it? Time flies!!! Although I am hoping to eventually go back to the general education setting, I am thankful for my employment as a support teacher. I am so blessed that I have my English as a Second Language certification and job security!
On Thursday, I got up and made a list of what I want to accomplish in the next week. Now that I am off for the summer, I feel like I FINALLY have some time to regroup and take care of random things that I never have time to do during the school year....
I think I forgot to post in my last entry that Eric and Liz are having a girl!!! I was so excited that I went out and bought some girly outfits for their lil' bun in the oven! I can't wait for her arrival. We are so happy for our friends! :)
On Saturday, Liz and I went on a Garage Sale Excursion!!!! Wow--we found some GREAT deals!!! Liz found a TON of baby and maternity clothes in really good condition. Also, we found a Pack-n-Play, shelf and table that go perfect in her nursery.
Of course, I had to get a little something for myself! Check out these shoes!!! I got all 3 pairs for SEVEN DOLLARS!!! Two of the pairs had NEVER even been worn, ..apparently the lady I bought them from had quite the shoe obsession. Her husband seemed happy that I was taking them off her hands...heehee :) Aren't they cute? "Thrifty Chick" ROCKS again!!!!
I came back from the garage sales pumped to show Ryan my fantastic finds, but he had something even more exciting to show me!!! Ryan, Brian and Eric went golfing at Bear Slide and guess who they ran into on the course? Peyton Manning and Dallas Clark of the Indianapolis Colts!!! They were kind enough to sign score cards for all 3 of them. Awesome!!!
Saturday afternoon, we did some front porch sittin'....
And I did some wine sippin'....Mmmmmm wine!! There is a local winery in Bloomington that has the BEST wine!!!! Oliver Wine is sold locally in all the grocery and liquor stores. The Soft White is like drinking grape juice- it is so delicious! Here is the link if you want to check it out.
Saturday afternoon, we did some front porch sittin'....





5 comments:
CUTE finds at the garage sales! You go girls! Yay for having a little girl! Those outfits were ADORABLE! You know I'm having a girl TOO, right??? (wink, wink-nudge, nudge?) ;) Just kidding. What a nice, relaxing weekend you had! Enjoy your summer! I know I will... Three more weeks to go!
Wow those shoes are SO cute!!!
Awesome!
I love your blog and I am so happy when you write a new one for my reading pleasure!
My coworker is gonna DIE when she hears about Ryan and the boys meeting the COLTS guys. I can't wait to tell her tomorrow!
And of course, I love Ryan with his cake!
CONGRATULATIONS TO LIZ AND ERIC on their baby girl! Any names yet?!
XOXO
I love those shoes!!! Believe me I love thrift shoe stores or just any great buys!!!
I love any man that bakes/cooks! :) It looks like you guys had a great weekend! xo
Love, love, love your blogs!!! and I am so jealous you are so great about posting pictures. It makes the reading even more fun.
I always love seeing your smiling faces and all the beautiful places in Indy. Congrats on 7 years as a teacher that is wonderful.
I think its so nice that you and Ryan are teachers and doing what you love.
Great deal on the shoes, they are really cute!! I love a good deal.
and the cake looked so good!
you two are adorable! cant wait to hear more during your summer time off!
I think I have that same iron decor thing hanging in my kitchen too! Good taste!! :)
Post a Comment