Hey everyone! This week was our first "official" week off
together for summer vacation (Monday was Ryan's last day of work). We got a lot of things done on our "to do list," including dentist and doctor appointments, and with the exception of the metal screw I am getting placed in my jaw on Monday for my dental implant (NOT looking forward to that), we have clean bills of health! This week, we FINALLY joined a gym...

And joined the 21st century, purchasing MP-3 Players (to listen to while we "feel the burn"). Mine of course has all my 80's faves- The Police, The Cure, Duran Duran and some old school rap and hip-hop- TuPac, LL Cool J, Digital Underground...I know, I am dork-o-licious! Ryan's has his alternative faves like Alice N' Chains, Sublime, Rage Against the Machine, Primus and that horrific death-metal music like Slip Knot and Pantera...Yuck!!! What's on your player????

Here is a pic after our first 2 hour workout- we are going to try to be good and go 4 times a week this summer and 3 times a week in the fall when school starts back up...

And what good is a workout plan without healthy eating??? We are starting South Beach again on Sunday. It is the ONLY diet I have EVER found that works without making you feel like you are starving to death! Phase 1 is kind of bland, but Phase 2 isn't too bad....we did it in the fall and had decent results. Of course we have cheated since then and gained some...but not ALL of it back!

We prepped and cut up all our veggies. They are in our Tupperware ready to go!!!! We also stocked up on eggs....I need to hard boil a dozen or so to have on hand.

Low carb isn't my favorite- I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE sweets! However, I have found that if I do South Beach a few times a year, I can pretty much eat whatever I want the rest of the time and stay at a consistent weight. I'm SORRY, but I could
NEVER eat healthy for the duration of my existence- Life is too short to miss out on all the good food out there!!!!! Once we get down to where we want to be, we will throw in the towel and eat bad again (I'm just being honest)...

On Monday, I went to work with Ryan. It was the last day of school. It was a "non-student" day. While he was turning in grades and finishing up end of the year procedures, I helped him pack up his old classroom, because he will be moving to this classroom in the fall....

Yes folks--Ryan has patiently waited and he will have a BRAND NEW SCIENCE LAB to teach in this upcoming school year!!! He is soooooo excited....this past school year was a pain, as he had to "sign up" to use a lab because he was in a regular classroom. His school (built in 1927) was undergoing MAJOR renovations!!! But not anymore....

He even gets his own storage room to keep all his equipment and chemicals safe and sound :)

He has a KILLER view of Downtown Indianapolis! Can you see the skyline outside the windows? Also, can you see the white track for the Clarion Monorail? It passes by his window as well- reminds us of DisneyLand...heehee :)

Here is a pic of Indianapolis I took after we left Ryan's school... I love the mixture of new and old architecture. There are sooooo many memorials and monuments downtown.

On Monday afternoon, Ryan's staff had their "End-of-the Year Celebration" at Victory Field. It was really fun! Baseball, good food and all you can drink beer for 2 hours. As you can see, we didn't take advantage of that at all!!! In this pic starting clockwise from Ryan- Zach, Marta, Ben, Andrea and Eric.

Me and my guy...I feel like the longer we are together, the more we are starting to look and act like one another-SCARY!!!!

Here is a picture of Marta, Andrea and me. We went to the Indy 500 with them. Marta is Eric's sister and Andrea is Eric's girlfriend. As I've mentioned before, Eric teaches with Ryan.

Ryan relaxing before the start of the game. Oh, and we found out the Indianapolis Indians are affiliated with the Pittsburgh Pirates in case anyone was curious....

On Friday afternoon, we drove to Indianapolis again to go to our neighbor Sabrina's graduation from Radiology School. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE driving around out here- especially when the trees are full and green. I know we have lived here a year now, but I am still amazed on a daily basis by all the foliage!!!

There's our little "blonde bombshell" in the pink dress....do you see her?
Woo-hoo!!!! You go girl!!!!" Congratulations, Sabrina!!! We love you! xo

Sabrina and Brian :)

Our other pals Eric and Liz :)

Brookie and Ryan :)

On Saturday, we had gorgeous weather so we decided to go to Morse Lake...

We celebrated our last day of "Food Freedom" with brauts, burgers and beer! Ryan also grilled some delicious corn on the cob!!! Here is Ry working his magic...

Yum-Yum :)

We brought the doggies too. Here are Sammy, Frodo and Eric and Liz's dog, Lilly.

Here is our neighbor Zach and his son Layne...

Eric and Ryan chowin' down...

Liz and Andrea engaging in some conversation...

Morse has a Frisbee Golf Course. Here is Eric #1 making his first throw...

Eric #2 taking a turn...

Frisbee golf is pretty cool...it is very similar to golf, except you have to land your disc in a metal basket that stands about 5 feet tall. It has concrete boxes you start at, similar to tee boxes...

Andrea in action :)

Uh-oh...looks like Ryan got his disc stuck in the tree!!!

The girls relaxing in the shade. The blonde girl in the ponytail is Lisa. She moved in a few weeks ago. She lives 2 doors down from us with her boyfriend, Steave (not a typo- that is how he spells it). She is from Ohio. It seems like at least one spouse from each of of our neighbors relocated to Indy from another state. Liz from Illinois, Brian from Florida, Zach and Lisa from Ohio...weird, huh? Eric, Sabrina and Kristen are our "Homegrown Hoosiers"....LOL

Andrea and yours truly :)

We hope everyone is enjoying their summer! Ryan starts an accelerated class again on Monday, but will be finished on the 14th of June. Then no more school for him until the fall!!! HOORAY!

Until next time...xo
3 comments:
I started crying while reading this. I need help.
I'm impressed with Ryan' new class room for next year! Does he enjoy teaching as much as you?
I love your fun days together with your friends! You also impressed me to try those fudge bars; so yesterday I bought some.
You and Ryan look so happy!
"We love you both"
:)
This is SUCH a great post. I have to tell you, you guys are so great about appreciating the things around you. It looks like you have so much fun! I am jealous of the wonderful neighbors you have!
Congrats on the diet, I havent lost any more since the 15, I gained about 3 back. I have cheated some since dating Gator, because Ive wanted to try foods he makes, but I am staying on a good track to being healthy and losing weight!
I am like you, I keep good habits for the majority of the time and then allow myself to splurge, life is too short to deprive ourselves.
Enjoy the summer and I look forward to hearing more and seeing more pictures!
Post a Comment