Saturday, May 2, 2009

Going Through the Motions

Hey everyone! We have had a TON of rain this week!!! It is making everything so green and lush- I LOVE IT!!! The leaves on the trees are starting to come back and the flowers are in bloom. This inspired us to purchase some flower boxes for our front porch. Check them out:

They are so cute...I feel like a little "Country Bumpkin" with our rocking chairs and flowers...heehee :) I hope they last a while- I'm not too experienced in the area of gardening/planting...I am crossing my fingers that the humidity and rain will lend me a "helping hand" in keeping our plants happy! :)Our friend Liz on the other hand is the neighborhood "Green Thumb!" Check out the hard work she put into her yard this past weekend:Does her house look familiar??? LOL, I told you- all of our friends (and us) have the SAME house!!! (It is so weird, since our neighborhood offers 6 different floor-plans to choose from-all very comparable in size). We have this on-going joke- if you have our floor-plan, it is safe to assume you are a young couple in your mid-late twenties!!! In fact--the couple 2 doors down from us moved in this week, and they have the same house too and they are in their 20's as well!!! (That makes 5 couples! Crazy, huh???) Besides working around the house, I have also been busy at school. Our PFA (similar to the PTA in CA) is putting on a "Family Picnic" next week to celebrate the end of the school year-- Yes folks, May 27th is my last day of work...it was supposed to be May 22nd, but we have to make up Snow Days from earlier in the year. It is going to be weird getting out so early. I don't go back to work until August 17th!!!

As in mentioned before, my friend Lori and I are Director and Co-Director of a community service/dance group for the girls at our school. The name of the group is "Inspire." The main focus is to provide young girls with a positive self-image, focus on academics and respect/camaraderie amongst one another. Here we are in our "Inspire" T-shirts...

Here is our principal stopping by practice to check things out. The teenagers in the picture are girls from the local high school who have graciously volunteered their time to teach the girls a "step" routine that they will be performing next week. They are going to be performing at the End-of-the-Year Picnic. Here are some pics of the girls practicing in our gym...

Here is a video of what they will be doing next week...not too shabby for only 5 practices, huh?

We are very proud of them and look forward to continuing this group next school year and for several school years to follow...

We went over to Liz and Eric's to hang out on Friday. It was soooo fun!! It has been a long time since we have all been able to hang out together...Sabrina usually works weekends, but had Friday and Saturday off...
Here is Eric pestering me as usual..

Me and Liz and baby makes 3...Liz gets to find out the sex in another month- YAY!!! We are super excited for our friends. It will be nice to have another little one in our neighborhood! :)

Me and Sabrina--- We were both supposed to run the mini marathon in Downtown Indy this weekend, but Sabrina hurt her hip and I stopped training when I thought I was going to lose my job and went into a "mini-depression" and did (NOTHING but sleep and cry and stress) for a couple of months...WE SUCK!!! At least her excuse was a valid one....We both lost money from the purchase of the tickets, but are getting money back for the hotel room we booked- Oh well, there is always next year...

Our friend Kristen still ran--Kristen, YOU ROCK!!!!

The 3 amigas- Liz, Sabrina and Brookie
Another lovely sunset...I miss the mountains, but not having them makes the sky seem so BIG!!!
Okay, so as I mentioned last weekend Ryan has 2 HUGE projects due for school. Here he is again doing what he does best....PROCRASTINATING!!!

Hmmmmmm.....maybe if I take a nap, my assignment will go away???

Dreaming of golf and baseball and no assignments...
Awww man, the assignment is still there!!! Maybe if I stare at my computer and scratch my head.... I know, I'll eat some chips and that will motivate me...
Hmmmmm...

I know, maybe bag of chips number 2 will be the inspiration I need....I know!!! If I touch the keyboard, the energy from the computer will jump into my body, filling me with desire to get this darn paper completed!!!I love you, Ryan- but you drive me NUTS!!!! Good thing you have someone to light a fire under your ass!!! I know you don't always like it, but you must have subconsciously known my nagging was good for you...It's too bad high IQ and high motivation do not go "hand in hand." It is going to be a LOOOOOONNNNNNGGGGG weekend!!!!

Until next time...xo

7 comments:

Kellie said...

I LOVE the flower boxes that are hanging on your porch. Those are really cute. I think its so funny that all the 20-somethings have the same floor plan! It must be a good one. Keep it up with school! Your summer will be well worth the wait.

Erin said...

I laughed out loud repeatedly in reading that blog. I LOVE RYAN!! I could see him doing all the things you were saying because I have seen him in person doint just those things! :)

I miss you guys so much...I can't wait to see you. Love and hugs.

JENN said...

I love your flower boxes! My yard looks like a damn mess right now. I have to get the gardeners over and when the rain stops plant some more flowers myself! I do not have a green thumb either, I rely on my Mom and Kelly to help me.
I have to say Im glad that I read your blog, I have had such a bad attitude about this rain and you have such a positive attitude!
I love , love the dance team! I think that is so fantastic. I love to dance, I loved dance class and I think it is one of those things that brings up your spirit and makes you proud of yourself, its great for those girls.
Ryan is too funny, I can relate I am the procrastinator in my family!
xo

Kelly said...

You flower boxes are too cute! :)

You always change your background on your blog and it looks so cute...can you help a sista out?? I am not as cool in the background department!! How do you do it? LOL

Anonymous said...

Up in the upper right hand corner of my BLOG, there is a "cutest blog on the block icon." Click on it and it will prompt you on what to do...let me know if you still need help, okay?

Anonymous said...

I meant left hand corner...it has been a LOOONNNGGGG day!!!

Natalie said...

Love the hanging flower boxes! "BEAUTIFUL"

I wouldn't worry too much about Ryan, isn't he a perfectionist any way? Although it's normal for a spouse to stress out when it comes to their projects.

It would be a lot of fun to have so many neighbors the same age so the children (soon to come?)can all play together. But it's good to have grand parents and all age people there too because children need a mix of people to grow up with and learn to get along with all ages.
(Advice from a grandma)
We love you both!!
Have a wonderful summer.
:)
We enjoy your blogs, keep them coming.